Letov S231 Spanish Republican, Kovozavody 1/72

Hello,

Next model of Spanish Civil War - Czech fighter Letov S-231. Only 35 were constructed and out of them (I think) 10 or 9 served in Spain.

This is rather OOB model (Kovozavody Prostejov, 1/72) with very small modification like decals for example. This particular machine was used by Esquadrilla 2(Sq. 2) of Gruppo 71 in Cartagena, 1937

letov DSC01502letov DSC01501letov DSC01500letov DSC01499letov DSC01498letov DSC01497letov DSC01496letov DSC01495

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 10

• 1 year later...

You did a fantastic job on this one Jerzy-Wojtek :worthy: !

I really like the very fine rigging, that even goes to the wheel struts. The wooden propeller, nice weathering and also the shade of the exhaust collector.

Very nice indeed

:goodjob:

Best regards

Tony

• Like 1

A nice neat build. Lots of interesting types in this conflict and this is one of them.

• Like 1

Many thanks Gents for comments.

I have just counted - during last two years I posted here 29 SCW subjects of both sides. There were Britts (Miles Falcon and Speed Hawk, DH 89, Airspeed Envoy, Bristol Bulldog, Gal Monospar, Hawker Fury), French (NiD 52, Bloch 210, Potez 540, Dewoitine 373, Loire 45), US (Vultee V-1, Northrop Gamma 2D, Lockheed Orion), Polish (PWS 10) and more typical Germans, Italians, Soviet etc... Perhaps you have seen majority of them. At present I have 30 of them on shelves - only Grumman FF1 - a scratch build from 1977 was left not posted yet. It required some refreshing - first adding rigging, and doing something with canopy which became totaly yellow. I hope to do this reparation - perhpas in winter...

Best regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

Thanks Mitch a lot!- it is excavated my post from August 2014, shortly after I log-in for the first time on BM and when I posted a lot of my SCW models... :) - perhaps the best ones.

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek