1/72 - Saab JAS-39C Gripen by Revell - released

Homebee

Are we sure this is a new tool? Looks like a refresh of an earlier mold to me, with some new parts. Much of the joins are the same, with potentially the same issues.

Yes I thought the same, the dodgy fit of the under fuselage and the air brakes looks rather like the italeri attempt to me.

Are we sure this is a new tool? Looks like a refresh of an earlier mold to me, with some new parts. Much of the joins are the same, with potentially the same issues.

Definitely new. Parts breakdown different, sprues different. And it is a 'C' model, the Italeri is an 'A'

I am always perturbed by pictures of test shots builds as they always seem to be slapped together. Surely it would have been better to take a bit more care putting it together (if possible) to show it in a more positive light.

As it stands now I will wait until one appears in WiP until I purchase one.

Robert

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm a bit worried it will be a difficult build with such a complicated fuselage breakdown. Revell did this on the Corsair as well, a lot of inserts and that kit apparently suffers from fit problems as well. The test build seems to support that. I'm still curious about the final product , hope we'll see an independent review soon.

I'm a bit worried it will be a difficult build with such a complicated fuselage breakdown. Revell did this on the Corsair as well, a lot of inserts and that kit apparently suffers from fit problems as well. The test build seems to support that. I'm still curious about the final product , hope we'll see an independent review soon.

This weekend I saw a test-shot and talked to the builder. According to him - and from what I saw, the fit is good. The fit of the front and rear halves is supported by the mail wheel bay, a normal builder will have no problems to get a good fit here.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...