Tamiya 1/12 Ducati 1199 Panigale S - Senna Version

Just painted my body parts today. I used Tamiya pink primmer,as it was all i had left:( allowed this to dry in a plastic box out side in a shaded area. After about one hour i sprayed the body colour. I am using the real paint used on the full size Ducati. The brand is DE BEER Refinish BEROBASE DUC116 GRIS METALLIC -2C the paint went on like a dream. Mind you the thinning ratio was a little tricky. I use jars the same size as the model master paints jars. I would sar half of paint and about one quarter thinners as a start. Test mix through your spray gun and adjust. I was spraying at 25 psi. (Question how do i up load photo's? )

• Like 1

Apologize for the slow and short updates. Work has been quite busy. Well I got the cowling decaled up tonight with the help of some wine. Will hammer the parts in clear over the weekend. Then let it gas out for 2 weeks and polish.

C7B2042B-9E61-46D6-850C-7CB721B49CF9_zps

Also picked up some PE hex detail bits for the fairings. Guess I'll use the HD super detail kit for my next builds

0B0B473A-6F49-494F-B3EF-714C09FF81E1_zps

Edited by jimmysze

Entering the final stages of assembly. My next update should be the completed model.

I just need to paint the lower fairing in semi gloss blk and glue the windscreen. Oh and add the hex bits on the fairings.

31E85978-E1C3-43F8-ADB3-51F938F43865_zps

Edited by jimmysze
  • Like 3

Looks good. Nice job done. I have my front forks almost done. Id post a pic but dont know how to

Congratulations, this kit is looking incredible!!! I bet that a photoshoot in the right conditions will make this model really difficult to contrast with a real Panigale :D

Edited by clfm10

• 4 years later...