More Sci-Fi Silliness - Lunadiver

Finished assembling this now, lots of curves with lots of joints so took a while filling and sanding to get to this stage.

14842726919_9b14b8099a_o.jpg

14842729069_7b60cf4f7c_o.jpg

14842923567_843c133b01_o.jpg

15006469686_4e8d65902f_o.jpg

15029105962_b50722d757_o.jpg

It's quite good fun playing 'spot the kit' with these things - there's very clearly a couple of car doors stuck on this, but there is also an upside-down aircraft nose section either side of the tail - any offers? harrier maybe?

So I'm just considering how to paint it.

We can all do knackered tank schemes, but I'm currently thinking chrome, maybe McLaren-esque/starwars, or I've got some chromatic alclad that may be interesting except I'm not convinced it works.

It is actually very curvy, so I'm tending to high gloss of some kind maybe Rosso Red then,

OR, animals are quite good too - zebra, giraffe, tiger?

I want something different anyway, probably not matte, not military so get voting:-

1. Chrome

2. High-GLoss red

3. Animal Scheme:-

a 14842947960_d18dcd1984_o.jpg

b 14842946960_674de3d560_o.jpg

c 15029598825_a7c004f1a6_o.jpg

Nick

• Like 1

Great looking kit Nick,

Who's is it. Found the car doors, could be from a Mini, as for the aircraft I'm no expert but don't think it is a Harrier, looks more like a Jaguar but there are people out there with better knowledge than me.

Chrome will look good though getting a good gloss base finish with it all built up might be fun!

Looking forward to more photos.

Cheers,

Warren

I really like this model, I haven't seen one as a WIP before so this should be fun.

Bright colours and F1 decals could be good - I think I've seen a Falke or two done that way. The only problem is that it's going to be a tricky shape to polish with all the detail and fiddly bits.

Cheers,

Will

My first thought for the nose sections was Jaguar as well, or maybe Mitsubishi T-2.

My vote would go for an animal scheme; tiger stripes would look neat. Reminiscent of those Chris Foss spaceships of the 80's!

J.

Reds/yellows/blues. Paint it to resemble one of the more exotic/poisonous tropical fish - that would also make it stand out from the crowd.

More Kreiger! Lovely.

There is a scratchbuild on line somewhere.

The doors are Porsche 911.

The aircraft noses are A4 Skyhawk sandwiching a Ta152 wing.

The egg shapes either side are Hughes 500 choppers.

I can't remember what the main body was.

Also on line is a red dragster Speederbike. Nice.

All those curves would be a devil to mask,

I'd go for simple, How about 'tigermeet'?

I have one to build myself, someday!

There's something totally bizarre (and appealing!) about a plastic kit which is made to look like it's made of parts of other plastic kits. :D

Especially when the design comes out as well as this one - you can see some of the parts but you can't see many of the joins.

Will