My latest Spitfires (mk1,prototype and night fighter)

these are my latest models to get to the finished stage. i tend to have numerous kits on the go at once and jump back and forth as the mood takes me. on a bit of a break from the big RC spitfire i manged to finish these ones...

first up is the old Airfix 1/24 Mk1. built out the box, im not one of these builders that go all out on detail of accuracy, i just build for the pleasure of it and like to aim for a generally all-round good impression of the plane...

241001_zpsd533833a.jpg

241002_zpsbbb6eb4b.jpg

241003_zpsa43c7b5b.jpg

241004_zpsb7e56fff.jpg

next up is my attempt at the prototype. built from the newish Airfix 1/48 Mk1 kit. again not 100% accurate but a good likeness...

pro002_zps0518d2aa.jpg

pro001_zpsec21b627.jpg

pro004_zps08c9418e.jpg

and then a night-fighter. this started out as something completely different but then something just made me spray it black !!! the codes are completely wrong but then I'm claiming artistic license on this one, and my first go at a spinner. not really such a good looking model but then its something i just had to try.

nf001_zps250c8536.jpg

nf002_zpse286c8f8.jpg

hope you like, all comments welcome :coolio:

Edited by theanorak73
  • Like 15

Thats a nice collection of Spits you have there,.....I do like the 1/24th scale kit with the new markings but the prototype is equally good too! I like the early Mk.I in your cabinet too!

Cheers

Tony

thanks guys, yeah, i knew the night fighter had the wrong markings, it was just something i had a go at.

got to be honest and say that id rather go for what i think would look good in the cabinet rather than whats historically accurate, having said that, most of the kits i have in the stash will be done "out the box" with the decals provided. this one, and some of the others you can see on the lower shelf in the cabinet were using kits with old decals that were too far gone to use.

thanks for all the good comments, much appreciated :coolio:

Edited by theanorak73

MMMMMM,,,, Spitfires!

Ahhhh lovvvvve eeeeet!!!!!

Keep up the good work. Beautiful!

The Spitfire-oholic

A nice collection & I think your prop spin on the night fighter actually looks pretty effective, well done on that. :thumbup:

Question for Troy, did nighter fighter Spits ever wear anti glare plates like the Hurricanes on night duties?

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz