1/72 - North American P-51 Mustang by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) - P-51B/C & Mk.III released - in preparation TP-51B, P-51D-5/D-10/15/20 & P-51K

Homebee

Gents - could we revert to English please, to save the non Czech speakers from having to resort to Google Translate for each post? :hmmm: We're an English speaking board, so English is our chosen language, but don't worry if your English is a bit spotty... so is ours! :)

C/o Google Translate:

This edition I bought první..plánu also obtiky to Tuskegee Airman ??

I have not heard of any plans to release a version with the designation Tuskegee Airmen. How is the kit that you bought? We would like to hear about it.

Even Google can't handle everything :shrug:

Gents - could we revert to English please, to save the non Czech speakers from having to resort to Google Translate for each post? :hmmm: We're an English speaking board, so English is our chosen language, but don't worry if your English is a bit spotty... so is ours! :)

C/o Google Translate:

This edition I bought první..plánu also obtiky to Tuskegee Airman ??

I have not heard of any plans to release a version with the designation Tuskegee Airmen. How is the kit that you bought? We would like to hear about it.

Happy to oblige. And nice to see your request delivered in a proper, professional way, and did not involve asking the original poster to take a trip to Mars, which I consider quite condescending.

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 2

Google can't handle it because it either already is a result of machine translation to Czech or an atempt to write in Czech by a non-native speaker. Anyway, those kits haven't been released yet. They are planned for late March release.

The original Czech language poster said he bought that edition (the box art immediately above his post) first, and was wondering whether one of the schemes was for the Tuskegee Airman. A legitimate comment and certainly not "blablabla" nothing.

My response (from Bing translator) was intended to see if he could provide any further information about the kit he bought. Even though the kit hasn't been released yet, it wouldn't be the first time that someone got an early copy. It's only a couple of weeks until late March! Alternately, he was saying that this was the kit that he was planning to buy, and that distinction could have been lost in the translation.

(And by the way, Mike's Google translation into English from my Bing translation into Czech is perfect, it's exactly what I wrote - so much for the theory that something that has already been machine translated can't be machine re-translated).

I'm very interested in this kit and would like to know more about it, as I think many of us would. We've all been waiting for an accurate early Mustang! Since the original Czech language poster was a newbie, I didn't see the harm in trying to respond to him in the same language he posted in order to coax out some more details, in case he actually has a copy of the kit. I don't think he deserved the initial rude response he was given. He lists his location as Slovenia, for what it's worth.

I fully understand Mike's need to keep the forum in its native language - thanks for the reminder! :)

Cheers,

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Hoping we get some good I mean, RAF boxings.

Doesn't matter - one can never really have too many P-51s in the stash,especially if we can finally get a decent B/C.... Shame on you, Tamiya, for making us wait this long!!

But the smart money says that Xtradecal is making up a Commonwealth sheet even as we speak.

Edited by Byron Boyd

OoooooH Yessssss!! These wiil revive my love for the B/C model Mustang most certainly!!!! Can't WAit!!!! Lots of Polish squadron decals in my decal bank waiting for a decent kit to wear them!!!!

Love the fact that Stan Skalsi's one is depicted in the Mk.III AND whats more, accurately states it as being based at Coolham.. 3 miles from my house!!!!

And that Don Gentiles' wing man, John Godfrey 'Reggies Reply', one I have never seen decalled before, are both to gether in one of the other boxings! Excelllent choice!

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning

Does anyone know where this kit is available on Hannant's site it is still quoted as future release ...

Despite of the closed canopy I shall buy at least one ...