Bristol Buckingham C Mk I, Valom, 1/72

Bristol Buckingham C Mk I - used as fast transport airplane for VIPs at the end of WWII. Model from Valom with few modifications (extra windows on sides, smaller antenna cover on the fuselage, some lights added etc.) This is KV313 from unknown for me unit of RAF (is anybody knows it, which one?). I've just found in Internet photo of her. I interpreted colours differently, then it was suggested by Valom. I intended to paint as Ekstra Dark Sea Gray/Slate Gray uppers with Azur Blue undersurfaces - as I think many of RAF transport machines used overseas were painted at the end of WWII like this (Stirlings MkV, Yorks, transport Halifaxes etc, Wellingtons, Warwicks..). In fact I am interesting in your opinion - is this coloor choice proper or not? On the photo from Internet of KV313 there is a low contrast between uppersurfaces colours. Here, on my photos the slate gray is a bit too green since my photos which were done with use of arificial light with modern enrgy saving bulb. You may notice, that all greenish colours becames more fresh in this kind of light (it is due to one mercury emissin line which is very intense green and this is present in spectra of such bulbs...). Perhaps I will add next photos later done in a sunlight...

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

buckingham DSC00108mbuckingham DSC00107mbuckingham  DSC00109mbuckingham DSC00106m

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 19

Never seen (or heard of) one of these types. Excellent work.

Chris

• Like 1

One learns something new every day! First time I have heard about, or seen, a Buckingham...

This notwithstanding, it is a beautiful model you have built, of a not so beautiful plane.

Great job and congrats for taking the road least traveled.

JR

• Like 1

Love it ...great finish and camo on an interesting subject.

I see the Bristol Beaufighter in the front end but the back end has me stumped!

Nice build.

Well done

• Like 1

What a neat little plane...never have seen one of these before. Well done. A Buckingham you say?? I had a Vox Buckingham in 1966. Wish I still had it.

• Like 1

Nice work. I know of the a/c, never seen a kit built before.

And those modern energy efficient bulbs should be banned. They are very bad for our health, due to the really, really, reallllly crappy light they give off. And they use a lot of heavy metals and bad stuff like that. Not to mention what they do to photographs.

• Like 1

I am restoring/rescuing old threads by converting from f...bucket to flickr. It looks that today I am close to finish all for "A" and "B"... A lot to do....I think some 20 alredy done.

Thanks to all Gents kind to comment this thread - I did not thank in 2014, sorry....

Regards

J-W

HI My Friend Jerzy!!!!

Have missed this one too, thank you very much for the resurrection of old threads,for this I think we will be say thanks to the old photo hosting.

I didn't knew this bird until today, and really looks resplendent in the colour combination you did for her.

As usually, a nice bird ended in a nice way, maybe one day will strive to get one for my collection BUt before will try my hand ina Vacform Heinkel  He 112. I will start as soon I get all the info needed, and  will use the Heller bird as a sample about the small items needed for the build.

Thank you very much for  sharing!!!

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

• Like 1

Luis-Alfonso - many thanks for comment. I wish you all the best with He-112. Nice that you care about this old mould when Heller and recently RS are nearby

Cheers

J-W

• Like 1