News from Hypersonic Models in August: F-4 wing tanks, pylons etc.

JeffreyK

Hello everyone,

I've got some product announcements to make:

Two items in 1:72 have made it into my catalogue - both are for F-4 Phantom kits.

First up is the 370 gal McDonnell type wing tank set, which I've been selling in 1:48 for a while. The tanks were used on early Phantoms, mainly F4H-1, F-4B and F-4C/D's, but they were used into the 70's, on F-4J's for instance. The pylons that come with the tanks are universal for any F-4 kit in 1:72, I've tested the fit on Hasegawa, Fujimi, Monogram, Revell and Esci kits.

IMG_0720a_zps6b8f2e66.jpgIMG_0724a_zps6c830cb0.jpg

The tank sets are available now in my web shop.

Also ready, but available only from Monday is a set of 1:72 outer pylons with weapons' adapters, Navy variant. Some early Air Force Phantoms possibly used them as well, before the Air Force's own pylon was developed.

IMG_0731a_zpsf743b396.jpgIMG_0730a_zps10de976b.jpg

Moving on to 1:48, the afore mentioned McD tanks in the larger scale are now also available with pylons for the Academy thick wing kits, so you can build your F-4C's, D's or J's with these tanks as well. I certainly will, as I want to build one of those early LGG over White F-4C's...

In the project stage on the computer is a set of full-depth exhausts for the Hobby Boss A-6 Intruder family which will do away with those comedy kit exhausts that have engine faces at an angle (are the engines meant to be crossing over each other inside?) and will have much better detail.

No substantial news on the A3D wheel well front I'm afraid though - I WILL get to it, but it doesn't look like it's going to be before the end of the year though, with Telford almost around the corner...

All the best

Jeffrey

The pylon sets are now ready to order as well. I also spoke to the foundry people this morning and my new batch of X-15 brass landing struts are ready. If they turn out ok the X-15 detail sets will be back soon, probably by the weekend.

Cheers

Jeffrey