New Tamiya 1/48 Grumman F-14 (A, Late A, D) Tomcat

Robert

Detail Up set coming soon for the Tamiya F-14s - may get for my 'A' in the stash.

"This Detail-Up set can be used for Item 61114, 61118, and 61122. The set is very useful to give more detail to your model Tamiya F-14 model kits.

• A stainless-steel alpha probe on the radome facilitates further rigidity and realism. (2pcs. included)

• Photo-etched parts are included to depict seatbelts and rear-view mirrors.

• Includes two types of seatbelts to depict the F-14A and F-14D (two for each)."

https://www.tamiyausa.com/shop/148-aircraft/f-14a-tomcat-detail-up-parts/

• Like 2

• Robert changed the title to New Tamiya 1/48 Grumman F-14 (A, Late A, D) Tomcat

The box art and built up model of the launch version look really good. 

I can see a load of Reedoak figures getting purchased to go with this, both deck and flight crew.

21 minutes ago, stalal said:

AMK already provides this option for their F-14D in the same kit. Is AMK kit comparable to Tamiya's quality? 

I had both and while the AMK is a great kit, the Tamiya is just better in fit and shape. Tamiya is more expensive than AMK. AMK has an elaborate weapons choice.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/14/2021 at 3:24 AM, stalal said:

AMK already provides this option for their F-14D in the same kit. Is AMK kit comparable to Tamiya's quality? 

if accuracy is not of interest then the AMK kit is ok bar the build issues.

If correct shape is a concern then side by side the AMK kit has significant clearly visible issues so just get Tamiya.

One thing the AMK kit is still handy for is deployed spoilers either partial for DLC use on approach or all spoilers up on the ground.

The spoilers can be seen all up with flaps down in several pics after shutdown so using AMK’s wing gives that option. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/12/2021 at 1:22 PM, SAT69 said:

Will the late F-14A also have the non-compressed nose landing gear strut?

Yes. I looked at the plastic last week and both nose landing gear options are in the box. 

Tim

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...

My preorder payment at the sale price for these Detail and Wonder legs/wheels for the Tamiya Tomcat just went through.

they also do F-14D legs as well.

really looking forward to getting them.

item_89271731DW480608B.jpg

• Like 2