Airfix F-86E(M) - 4th Stormo

Finished the decaling last night.

Despite the obvious error of getting the stencils and national markings applied the wrong way round and a couple of other little annoyances I'm really pleased with how this one is looking. :)

IMAG0763_zps2a3f09a9.jpg

A couple of the decals look a little silvery but this is mainly down to them being a matt finish onto the gloss coat so I'm hoping they will really blend in once another gloss coat goes on.

Nearly there now just another gloss coat then flory panel line wash and a matt coat to finish.

As always any c&c's welcome. :)

• Like 2

Cheers guys :)

Hopefully this one hasn't got too long left! I was hoping to if had it finished by now but my compressor going *pop* over the weekend means I've got to wait for the new to turn up before I can get a matt coat down and then but this to bed. :rolleyes:

With my new compressor turning up yesterday it gave me the chance to finally get the matt coat down and put this one to bed. :)

Here's a couple of pictures from last night and I'll try to get the proper ones sorted over the weekend.

79a1c13a-3ffe-4587-989a-ad146805245d_zps

fb8a9a0f-06a9-4c85-8349-604a8ef1a8dd_zps

For all it's apparent faults this really is a great little kit and shouldn't be dismissed, enjoyed this build and apart from a couple of decal cock-ups I'm pretty pleased with it.

As always any c&c's welcome. :)

• Like 5

Very nice Danny, a great finish with the paint and it certainly looks the part. I've just started one myself, hope it turns out as nice as yours,

Sean

Thanks guys :)

I have a small confession to make, I was suppose to take my proper pictures over the weekend and get them into the gallery but I got side-tracked by 'gawa F-15 :blush:

Thanks Cookenbacher, I hope someone will find it useful I always try to suggest things that I could of done better when I put together a WIP. Even if it's just for me to re-read if I'm ever repeating a model, that way I don't make the same mistakes twice. :lol:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Silver Fox! :)

Well with the blue card set up for my P-51 build I figured it was about time I posted the final pictures sorted! :lol:

IMAG0811_zpsf6216bfd.jpg

IMAG0816_zps78d89150.jpg

IMAG0814_zpsc212e142.jpg

IMAG0815_zps4b8dfc7f.jpg

Thanks for all your comments and I have to admit I enjoyed this build, it really is a lovely kit and I don't doubt I'll be picking up another. :)

• Like 4