Lancaster and Vulcan flypast BBC News report

jenko

My last day in the RAF after thirty years, ten months and sixteen days approximately, went to Newark North Railway Station to close the circle (it was there that I jumped on the RAF bus to take me to basic training at RAF Swinderby on the first day), and just as I turned to walk away, I got a flypast from the Lancs and the Vulcan, priceless.

• Like 7

I was at Waddington this morning and Coningsby this afternoon for the flypast, one of the best things I've ever seen, absolutely priceless!

I saw some pictures on UKAR from the Clacton Airshow yesterday, and it didn't look like they three old girls flew in formation at that event.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Lancs at Clacton today and Little Gransden on Sunday, after the disappointment of their justifiable no-show at Sywell. :pray:

I was at Waddington yesterday, well worth the hassle to get into the carparks........ A site i wll never see or here again... 8 mighty merlins and 4 RR olympus engines pure music! I was covered with the smell of avgas from the vulcan as she waited to enter the take off.... i havnt washed since then! :-)

Makes you proud to be british, with our brother in arms the canadians!

Edited by maudesman

If anyone is in the Essex area, both Lancasters are parked up in Southend Airport right next to the Vulcan they have there. They will be taking off at roughly 1pm on Saturday. I'm really trying to get down there...

Kind Regards

Dazz

Edited by Dazzio