Airfix Gnat artwork up on Airfix.com

John

Lovely artwork. Glad to see its not 'dodgy artwork' as per the 1/72 Sabre just announced and the 48th Mossie. Looking forward to this big time!

Don't know though.

On the Red arrows box they have got the picture printed upside down!

Selwyn

(Ducking for cover under the duvet yet again!)

• Like 1

Somebody complained of Airfix lack of output recently. With these Gnats that's seven kits new to the market issued recently i'd like to buy multiples of.

• Like 1

'ere... I've just seen the price of this thing. How much?!?!?!? :gobsmacked:

I know the Gnat is only a small jet, but I wasn't expecting a price that low. :thumbsup:

Its a conspiracy to make us buy more!

Now who is going to do Hot shots decals :)

• Like 1

So it is a jet!!!!!

Someone I know who works with Airfix told me the number of aircraft kits and scales that Airfix is releasing in the next year.

He accidentally let it slip that the 1/48 kit was a long overdue jet. He later denied he said that!

Someone I know who works with Airfix told me the number of aircraft kits and scales that Airfix is releasing in the next year.

He accidentally let it slip that the 1/48 kit was a long overdue jet. He later denied he said that!

"Accidentally"? Are you sure about that? ;)

I don't think that the Airfix publicity machines makes mistakes. A couple of years ago there was a backdoor to the Advent calendar on their website which let everyone see the whole thing early. That just caused a frenzy of speculation and raised Airfix's profile even higher. I don't believe for one second that the backdoor was accidental... Especially when it happened again last year! :lol:

Airfix have some very clever marketing people.

Somebody complained of Airfix lack of output recently. With these Gnats that's seven kits new to the market issued recently i'd like to buy multiples of.

That may be me you're referring to except, I didn't complain about it at all. I was pointing out that the new Chinese manufacturers appeared to be releasing more kits between them than the established producers. And I also qualified that this was my opinion based entirely on my own niche interests. So no complaints about Airfix's output.

So it is a jet!!!!!

Sounds like a HUNTER to me.... Woops.. there goes my 'out loud voice'

.. No I have no connections with Airfix, although for some reason I seem to predict every stupid decision that my employer seems to make..

Cheers.. Nostradamus Dave.

• Like 2

Sounds like a HUNTER to me.... Woops.. there goes my 'out loud voice'

.. No I have no connections with Airfix, although for some reason I seem to predict every stupid decision that my employer seems to make..

Cheers.. Nostradamus Dave.

Well, if Airfix were referring to Mainstream kits, and taking into account Academy's effort at issuing a Hunter to two (and I'd be VERY happy with that), my out loud voice would shout out Meteor F8, or even Venom FB1/3............

You can have your F.8 as long as they put an FR.9 nose in the box as well :)

Yeah, why not, and a T7 tail unit and extended wing-tips too.......lovely!! In fact if designed correctly, if using a modular approach, there's no reason why the whole Meteor family can't be done...eventually! I can dream!!

• Like 1

Yeah, why not, and a T7 tail unit and extended wing-tips too.......lovely!! In fact if designed correctly, if using a modular approach, there's no reason why the whole Meteor family can't be done...eventually! I can dream!!

I would buy a T7 and the night fighter ones!

Whatever comes out - Hunter, Vampire, Venom, Scimitar, Swift, Phantom, Harrier, Meteor (4/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14) in 1/48th will sell as well as any other Airfix new release if not better.

Although at first I was reluctant to purchase the big Javelin - one look at those sprue shots and I "just had to have it" !!

What I would really like to see is said subject issued in both popular scales during the same year.

That way both the 1/72 and 1/48 modelers out there have nothing to whinge about and can just get on with building the actual kit.

In my opinion, I would probably buy at least one 1/48 example for the additional detail, then numerous 1/72 kits to depict the various squadron colours - that's the plan anyway.

Cheers .. Dave.

Ha! A 48th Gnat - I'll buy that, it will be (almost) big enough to see! Unlike the 72th version, which is akin to a Sopwith Camel in size, although mercifully without the bracing wires.

RobG

I'm very happy to see this one coming. How about decals for this one....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/56454775@N06/6917460877/

Available to view at Swindon.

You'll be lucky. The Science Museum haven't opened the reserve collection to the public for a few years now, and do not appear to have any intention of doing so anytime soon, sadly.

Still, I imagine there will be a conversion set out for XP505 soon enough.

• Like 1

What I would really like to see is said subject issued in both popular scales during the same year.

That way both the 1/72 and 1/48 modelers out there have nothing to whinge about

Yeah, but we still would. That's half the fun! :lol:

You'll be lucky. The Science Museum haven't opened the reserve collection to the public for a few years now, and do not appear to have any intention of doing so anytime soon, sadly.

Still, I imagine there will be a conversion set out for XP505 soon enough.

Ooops! :blush: 9 years ago was the last time I went! How time flies. The irony is that I didn't take any piccies of her when I had the chance :banghead: