Percival Q6 Petrel, scratch

Hi,

Next scratch from my shelf - Percival Petrel Q6 from Royal Flight, Egipt (Cair) 1944 (1/72).

This is a free hand work (or sculpture as you want) except engines which basicly comes from DH 88 Comet from Frog/Novo (but they are reshaped following drawings of course).

So it looks like this:

peterl Dsc07361petrel 3-4 z przodupetrel Dsc07362petrel Dsc07363

I started like this:

petrel 2petrel 1petrel 3petrel kadlub 6petrel-kadlub3petrel kadlub 5petrel kadlub 4petrel 7

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 8

WOW! That is some build! Thanks for sharing this, I'm sure it was a lot of work, but the end result is excellent, and there won't be many people with one of these on their shelf!

• Like 1

More details about scratch: the main rear part of fuselage is as I remeber from PZL 37 Los (Polish kit). I remember that DH88 was in consideration but was too flat from the bottom. Rudder is from a Spitfire (probably) and horizontal stablizers basicaly came from Frog/Novo P47 (as I guest now - I just took found some suitable in the spare part boxes), but they are strongly reshaped, there is a piece of KZ Prostejov Avia 534 in the vertical tail, nose is widered K45 Revell pieces, wings were cut from spare one from Italeri Do-217 (remais from doing K2 version - but it was mistake rather I should use original or resin copies of Percival Proctor Frog/Novo and just add central part, it will save a lot of work) There is a lot of Humbrol body putty there anyway :)

Curved windscreen glasses are cut from laboratory Petry dishies, about 6 cm diameter. The curtains inside are made of teflon hydraulic tape....

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

Edited by JWM
  • Like 1

An excellent piece of work which portrays one of my favourite aircraft well. Someone I know built a beautiful 1/5 scale electric flying model a few years ago, which is one of the best RC models I have ever seen, and utterly convincing in flight

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1953242

• Like 1

Thanks you all for a warm words... Nevertheless - I've just seen this 1/5 scale machine and she is really something! The 1/72 scale model is just like a bee, compared to an eagle...