WESTLAND WESSEX HAS3

The model that I'm going to present to you is a WESSEX HAS3, the ITALERI in 1:48 scale, of the Fleet Air Arm, No 737 Squadron NAS, HMS Antrim, in service during the Falklands War in 1982.
The model was produced by a mold totally new, very negative in the end, and quite accurate in the joints, also complete with a small photo-etched, what it does very happy, and the possibility to realize various specimens, both in low visibility, such as that I've played, but also much more colorful exemplary.
Wishing to make accomplish with the cargo door open, I wanted to reconstruct the whole inner part, and I must say that I really enjoyed everything you need to rebuild.
After joining the two half fuselages, and having filled and sanded, I painted everything with Flat Extra Dark Sea Grey, and after applying the clear gloss, I applied the decals that I have to say I'm a bit thick .... .but with the softener Mr Mark Softer of the Gunze, I still managed to make them adhere very well.
After another application of gloss paint, glazes and given clear matt varnish, I applied the wash with the temperagrigia dark, and made of weathering with Tamiya dust.
I chose to make it with the propeller blades bent, mainly for reasons of space, but in the end it is still aggressive.
fxxtex.jpg
21c37n.jpg
29gc4nt.jpg
30cowuq.jpg
243n6v7.jpg
243n6v7.jpg
2607tds.jpg
f1d0jk.jpg
900f9c.jpg

ic7r5f.jpg
25u6r7b.jpg
2eevcj9.jpg
11r7uy1.jpg
11wfwx5.jpg
2ic0036.jpg
m9u5nb.jpg
2we04ra.jpg
  • Like 33

Well that is something else. Superb scratching skills, excellent painting and some nice photography to finish it all off.

as mentioned above, sensational result.