Tomahawk cruise missile BGM-109 1/48 - finished

going to to this cruise missile (maybe THE cruise missile?) which got fame I think during the first Gulf War/ Operation Dessert Storm and was used since in nearly every conflict the US or UK where involved. (any other users?)

BRENGUN brought out a very nice resin version of this AGM this year, and as I usually build in 1/48 that was a reason to buy it!

(although it is not an aeroplane and has no fancy paint schemes and does not appear at airshows...)

so here whats in the box:

very little, its a very small and easy to build flying object ;)

some PE and decals.

and display trolley is also included

IMG_1323_1_1_zps92aebc85.jpg

missile parts with booster (for ship or submarine launch?):

IMG_1327_1_1_zpscc71ec44.jpg

IMG_1329_1_1_zps704bd571.jpg

concerning DECALS and paint scheme and markings:

there are hardly any pictures of LIVE Tomahawks around.

anyone has any?

I only encountered a grey camouflage one, with kind of darker top side and lighter grey underside, with a weavey demarcation line... markings?

Edited by exdraken

The AGM-109 never became operational with any air force, let alone the USAF. My understanding is the only operational Tomahawks have been ship or ground-launched.

So the decals and paint-scheme for an AGM-109 are completely speculative as a what-if.

thanks jcchow66,

so i will change to the topic and missile name to BGM-109 ( Boosted Guided Missile) then!

did not think too mch about the abriviation!

so, US NAVY or ROYAL NAVY versions would be grey on top and light grey on the underside...

thats what I found:

http://www.letsgoseeit.com/index/county/sd/san_diego/loc11/rotunda/tomahawk/tomahawk01_large.jpg

http://www.letsgoseeit.com/index/county/sd/san_diego/loc11/rotunda/tomahawk/tomahawk.htm

anyone can confirm if that's what a live round would look like? no markings whatsover visible.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...