24h endurance racing vanship

In my obscure contacts with friends in the world on the other side I got this photo some time ago. Apparently it shows the winner of the last 24hour endurance race for vanships...

VS10005.jpg

I thought it would make a real nice model, so I asked if it would be possible to get hold of some better photos for reference. After some time of silence I suddenly got this batch of sharper colour photos taken out on the course during the race. Enjoy!

VS1000.jpg

VS1001.jpg

VS1002.jpg

VS1003.jpg

VS1004.jpg

VS1005.jpg

VS1006.jpg

VS1007.jpg

VS1008.jpg

VS1009.jpg

Armed with this I could at last build the 1/43 scale model, using Hasegawa kit of Tatiana's 1/72 fighter vanship as a base. The WIP-thread is here. B)

VS1010.jpg

VS1011.jpg

• Like 10

Jorgen - that is utterly fantastic! It's a cool subject - you don't see too many of these on the net. Love the photography too - very cool and certainly adds to the overall build. It's been fun watching you bring this to life and can't wait for the next one!

MH

• Like 1

Fantastic result Jörgen, a simply sublime build, and what a stroke of luck having someone send you photos

of the actual machine :coolio:

Sean

• Like 1

i absolutely love this, and the mods you have made just seem the finish it off perfectly. it reminds me of the ship from SW episode 2 and i would love to see one with an extended wingspan...

naboo-cruiser-2_zps5387c6ee.jpg

im actually so close to ordering one of these but the size is putting me off a bit. at £40 plus is it really as small as the scale would suggest ???

any chance a a photo of it with something recognizable ??? i know it may shatter the illusion of the beautiful photos above but i would be a great help in justifying the cost of what is otherwise a really nice kit :coolio:

• Like 2

Great stuff Jörgen.

I noticed the badge in your 7th colour picture which looks an awful lot like the badge of the British Racing Drivers Club. Nice touch.

Phil

• Like 2

Thanks a lot guys!

I noticed the badge in your 7th colour picture which looks an awful lot like the badge of the British Racing Drivers Club. Nice touch.

Sharp eyes! Indeed I used BRDC logos. The driver/pilot (his name is not easily translated to languages of our world, but it's some combination of "the Intimidator" and the "Enforcer" as I understand) - also wears the BRDC logo on his right arm.

im actually so close to ordering one of these but the size is putting me off a bit. at £40 plus is it really as small as the scale would suggest ???

any chance a a photo of it with something recognizable ??? i know it may shatter the illusion of the beautiful photos above but i would be a great help in justifying the cost of what is otherwise a really nice kit :coolio:

It's a very nice kit. Overall length is about 16,5 cm and "wing" span about 9 cm. Maybe some photo in the WIP thread can also give a size idea. Or I take some photo later.