This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Bengalensis

24h endurance racing vanship

In my obscure contacts with friends in the world on the other side I got this photo some time ago. Apparently it shows the winner of the last 24hour endurance race for vanships...

VS10005.jpg

I thought it would make a real nice model, so I asked if it would be possible to get hold of some better photos for reference. After some time of silence I suddenly got this batch of sharper colour photos taken out on the course during the race. Enjoy!

VS1000.jpg

VS1001.jpg

VS1002.jpg

VS1003.jpg

VS1004.jpg

VS1005.jpg

VS1006.jpg

VS1007.jpg

VS1008.jpg

VS1009.jpg

Armed with this I could at last build the 1/43 scale model, using Hasegawa kit of Tatiana's 1/72 fighter vanship as a base. The WIP-thread is here. B)

VS1010.jpg

VS1011.jpg

Jorgen - that is utterly fantastic! It's a cool subject - you don't see too many of these on the net. Love the photography too - very cool and certainly adds to the overall build. It's been fun watching you bring this to life and can't wait for the next one!

MH

superb work looks fantastic, some very nice work .very nice build and great subject

Fabulous end result.

Love the pictures

Pete

Totally awesome Jorgen. Your model looks just like the real thing!!

I concur - even the scratches match up very closely to the prototype photo, great attention to detail!

:clap: Brilliant! That's a stunning build, with great photography to showcase it. Love it!

One word, stunning!

Utterly crazy but brilliant all in one go! :pilot:

Fantastic work as always Jörgen, cracking job.

Fantastic result Jörgen, a simply sublime build, and what a stroke of luck having someone send you photos

of the actual machine :coolio:

Sean

Thanks a lot for all the kind words. I'm glad you like it and that the concept I saw in the kit actually worked out. It's been one of my most enjoyable builds lately.

i absolutely love this, and the mods you have made just seem the finish it off perfectly. it reminds me of the ship from SW episode 2 and i would love to see one with an extended wingspan...

naboo-cruiser-2_zps5387c6ee.jpg

im actually so close to ordering one of these but the size is putting me off a bit. at £40 plus is it really as small as the scale would suggest ???

any chance a a photo of it with something recognizable ??? i know it may shatter the illusion of the beautiful photos above but i would be a great help in justifying the cost of what is otherwise a really nice kit :coolio:

Great stuff Jörgen.

I noticed the badge in your 7th colour picture which looks an awful lot like the badge of the British Racing Drivers Club. Nice touch.

Phil

Thanks a lot guys!

I noticed the badge in your 7th colour picture which looks an awful lot like the badge of the British Racing Drivers Club. Nice touch.

Sharp eyes! Indeed I used BRDC logos. The driver/pilot (his name is not easily translated to languages of our world, but it's some combination of "the Intimidator" and the "Enforcer" as I understand) - also wears the BRDC logo on his right arm.

im actually so close to ordering one of these but the size is putting me off a bit. at £40 plus is it really as small as the scale would suggest ???

any chance a a photo of it with something recognizable ??? i know it may shatter the illusion of the beautiful photos above but i would be a great help in justifying the cost of what is otherwise a really nice kit :coolio:

It's a very nice kit. Overall length is about 16,5 cm and "wing" span about 9 cm. Maybe some photo in the WIP thread can also give a size idea. Or I take some photo later.

Brilliant Jorgen, congratulations and thanks for the entertaining build thread.

Colin

That is completely crazy - and absolutely brilliant!

WOW! Impressive bit of modelling, and photography!

Well done :goodjob:

Jörgen..

INCREDIBLY STUNNING. .

IN AWE of your masterpiece

:mike:

Edited by HOUSTON