Ikarus IK-2 & Rogožarski IK-3 - 1/72 Azur Frrom

34o8rom.jpg

Howdy, folks!

Here are my finished IK-2 and IK-3, Yugoslav pre-WWII planes. These brothers were made late 30s, very different designs and still very similar. IK-3 took part in air defense of Belgrade in April 1941. and had 11 wins with 4 casualties over Reich's Bf109s... Unfortunately, there wasn't enough of them for that defense to have any chance of success, out 12 produced only 6 were operational and after a few days the two remaining were captured and scraped. Heartbreaking... IK-2 was mostly stationed in Bosnia at the time and surviving ones were given to Croat Air Force.

As for models themselves, mostly build out of box, Azur Frrom did a decent job with them. IK-2 was given a bit of details in the cockpit and not much more than that (save the wires on the outside, mentioned in instructions). There are a few inaccuracies outside, most of which can be easily fixed. Canopy could have been done better (goes for IK-3 also), but it's not completely useless. I wasn't going for 100% accuracy, so it didn't bother me much... IK-3 saw a bit more work in cockpit, seat and belts were made from scratch, as were side details. There were some touch-ups on the outside of both, mostly opening exhausts and intakes, IK-3 legs also got a bit of pedicure...

More on this can be found in WIP thread...

120i1pe.jpg

2dj715j.jpg

flxe28.jpg

bdk5cw.jpg

juacn5.jpg

jaw7xv.jpg

35kixl4.jpg

29li921.jpg

33ur48l.jpg

167nu9w.jpg

2ln9vh2.jpg

t9i8lg.jpg