Hurricane STGB Chat

Question - Can anyone join in with these things? If so I am so in!

I'd been looking at the airfix new tool kit for a couple of weeks and now I've found this GB that starts just after Christmas!! It's like it was meant to be! Guess what I'll be asking Santa for:-D

Question - Can anyone join in with these things? If so I am so in!

I'd been looking at the airfix new tool kit for a couple of weeks and now I've found this GB that starts just after Christmas!! It's like it was meant to be! Guess what I'll be asking Santa for:-D

That new Airfix kit is a honey! You'll love it! And inexpensive too.

Michael

That new Airfix kit is a honey! You'll love it! And inexpensive too.

Michael

I've heard nothing but positive things about it so definitely want to give it a try!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone

I've just seen Mish's STGB calender for the next year and this one is'nt on it. Just wondering how come as there's a date for it at the beginning of this thread?

Forgive me if i'm being thick as it is a regular occurance!

Thanks

James

I think that is about the time I spilt wine on my laptop and had to reconstruct the GB calender, somehow I've managed to give this STGB and the P-47 STGB the same'ish dates and miss this STGB from the listing. :doh:

Leave it with me I'll sort it out it may mean a slight change of dates as the P-47 STGB did get their date first.

Sorry it's my mistake and I take full responsibility.

How does a revised date of 30th Jan 2016 to 28th April 2016 sound? That gives a bit of separation from the P-47 STGB and the F-4U STGB

Sorry, didn't see your message, but that's fine by me. I need this GB to happen sooner rather than later because I'm buying Hurricanes at an unsustainable rate. I'm going to try to clear out most of my Hurricanes from my stash.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have held off entering this one as I have built a number of hurricanes, more than any other aircraft in the stash in fact.... but as my avatar and the above would suggest I do love a hurricane.

I'm in if I may... don't know what with yet but definitely building something!Rude not to

Rob

• Like 1

I'm in - think it'll be the new Airfix Mk.1, or maybe the Italeri Mk.1

hmmm decisions decisions..!

Go with Airfix, you won't be disappointed!

Michael

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

eh what? A Hurricane GB THAT I MISSED hearing about? My 2nd favourite wingy thing, and I missed the GB announcement? What the heck is going on here?

Despite my thus far woeful record of GB completion, I'm in for this one. Don't know what with, but I have options. In the stash. Or I may go and buy that all-blue Hasegawa one at the LHS, just for summat different.

And now, I'm off to update my GB spreadsheet calendar thing.

now all of a sudden... i may get a Hurricane as part of the Vigentte GB, if so I believe I can build it in another GB (like this one) and use it in the vignette one later - anyone on here mind?

Hello do you have room for one more?

Not sure if it's going to be an Airfix 1/24 monster with Techmod transfers, or in 1/48 the creaking pile in the garage also houses a few Hasegawa IIc's (I've got a stack of AM for that kit so that may help the prioritising) or the Airfix Mk I as I really enjoyed building the one I did earlier in the year (in fact probably my most enjoyable build ever!).

I could even dredge the deep stash as there's a few old kit Airfix and Hobbycraft Hurris buried near the bottom but as I've not been dropped on my head and I'm not the victim of a cruel medical experiment then it's highly unlikely, unless my masochistic streak rears it's ugly head!