Revell 1/144 Harrier GR7

I'm getting really interested in the small 1/144 models so I got this wee kit a few weeks back and decided to give it a go. It really is a lovely kit and revell are to be congratulated on bringing out some fantastic items.

The box

IMG_4176_zps4480cb25.jpg

Made a Bang Seat

IMG_4183_zpscf9b3d37.jpg

IMG_4184_zpsc5e44127.jpg

Inserted in cockpit and added a HUD display from some spare wire

IMG_4186_zps25d05ec2.jpg

IMG_4189_zps6967b876.jpg

The finished kit

IMG_4672_zps79fbdb54.jpg

IMG_4673_zps92750b0e.jpg

IMG_4676_zpsd1c8b62f.jpg

IMG_4677_zps7432d7c3.jpg

IMG_4679_zps3a3c5fc0.jpg

And with the usual paw for scale effect

IMG_4680_zpsd53d6c02.jpg

My hanger of 1/144 kits is growing nicely (and cheaply). :thumbsup:

IMG_4681_zpsb1bc4465.jpg

• Like 6

Very nice all of them. I myself have been drawn into 1/144th in a big way there are some fabulous kits now and seeing how the big and the small scale together with dios is wonderful.

It's a great scale. with a bit of magnification my 56 year old eyes can deal with the size. The ability to build a wide range of aircraft size without too quickly filling storage space is brilliant. Keep it up!

The Revell Harrier is a smashing wee kit. I love your other builds too, is the Tornado the a Revell kit as well?

Lovely work,

Eng

Thanks Robvulcan and Viking, glad you liked them.

Jonbru1 - At a mere 53 I need some magnification too but my ancient Woolies optivisor has seen (much) better days. Come next payday I think I'll buy a new one.

Eng - Yup, the Tornado is the Revell kit and my first foray into 1/144. I bought it as a joke, became absolutely amazed at the detail (didn't think it was possible in 1/144) and built it out of sheer curiosity. One of the nicest kits I've built in years and I'd seriously recommend it to anybody!

The figgies are the Priesser NATO pilot & Ground Crew set (unpainted figgies) and the crew ladder is scratchbuilt.

IMG_3531Medium_zpsc53dc298.jpg

IMG_3529Medium_zps4bc9e1cb.jpg

IMG_3525Medium_zpsb697d8f3.jpg

IMG_3557Medium_zpsf9a6ccc8.jpg

Here you can see the cockpit decals. I also split the canopy and tarted the bang seats up a bit. It's a pity they don't do a split canopy on both the Harrier and Tornado.

IMG_3504_zps94e439ba.jpg

IMG_3497_zps725e812e.jpg

Edited by Murdo

Lovely builds sir. I have also built allot in 1/144 saves so much space on the shelf & you can still get good details built in.

One point on your harrier is the tail root. It is based on the US harriers & comes to far forward along the fuselage. RAF Harriers had a much shorter one.

Great builds there.

The latest Revell Tomcat and Hornet kits are to the same standard as the Tornado. The hornet already has the split canopy and retrowings do a resin cockpit insert to show it in the open position.

Fantastic builds there Murdo. The Harrier has come out really well, top job on that.

The Revell Strike Eagle is another quality kit as is their Hawkeye.

Incase you wanted to know, you can buy a vacform canopy, pe parts and resin bits for the Harrier, I'm going to have fun with them when I get around to building it.

Kind Regards

Dazz