Westland Wallace II and Wapiti - scratch conversions of Frog

Hi,

I am doing models for about 45 years now. At present they are only 1/72 military airplanes from 1935-45, so mostly WWII but also Spanish Civil War and Sino-Japanese war(s). I would like to show photos of some of my models on this forum. Whole collection is now a little bigger than 300 items. So it will take me a while to show some of them. I am doing a lot of conversions and upgrades (I belive no downgrades...), so I hope it will be not too boring. I would like to start with two models made from old Frog kit of Westland Wallace prototype. One is Wapiti from IAF, begining 1942, the second one is Wallace II TT from likely 1943, RAF. The code letters in case of Wallace II are likely but not sure - the original photo (in the background) left some doubts...

Please enjoy them ;)

Jerzy-Wojtek

Wallace II:

wallace2mwallace3mwallace4mwallace 1wallace 5m

Wapiti:

wapiti 2mwapiti 3mwapiti 4wapiti 5mwapiti 1

EDIT, 29 July 2015

I posted those two models about year ago. Meanwhile I added depth charges on Wapiti (since she was used in winter 1941/42 for coastal patrol in India) and tried to change letter codes on Wallace II from II-H to L1-H as was suggested in one of latest posts.

Some more photos then:

Wapiti:

wapiti DSC04702wapiti DSC04709wapiti DSC04708

wapiti DSC04707

wapiti DSC04706

wapiti DSC04705

wapiti DSC04704

Wallace Mk II:

wallace DSC04716wallace DSC04715wallace DSC04713wallace DSC04712wallace DSC04711

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 35

Firts time that I can recall ever seeing that kit built up.

Wonderful! .... and inspiring as I have one myself :)

• Like 1

Meticulous miniatures! I'm always fascinated by modellers who show works of art that originate from old kits that are discounted by most.

Very impressive, to say the least. Looking forward to see more and be further inspired!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I apologize that I forgot to express my thanks for such warm replies for Nomore Shelfspace, Work in Progress, Vulcanicity and Les Moore... Thanks also Val for liking this my first post in RFI today - therefore I turn back to it.

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

Superb stuff. That is exactly what I want to do with my Frog Wallace, convert to a Wapiti.

Thank You Meatbox8! - The conversion to Wapiti was even simpler than to Mk II Wallace (less work with uc/ cabin and cowling), despite the shorter fuselage of Wapity.

I wish you all the best with conversion. For me it was nice - I like old Frogs, they have esprite...

BTW - still I have to add bombs to Wapiti, but I am sur if they should be depths charges or regular bombs. It was used for coast patrols in India, early 1942. I would be appreciete very much if someone knows it.

Regrads

Jerzy-Wojtek

Fantastic builds, can't wait to see the rest of ur collection.

Thank you, Mix_up. I already post about 30 models and I will continue. Obviously I will not post all of them, but I am intending to post majority. The posting here photos is sometimes a good opportunity to make small repairs or corrections. So this has to take some time. I also do not want to steel the floor. However - one can see whole collection is on photos below - only the modern airplanes are made by my son, the rest in by me. There is still some free space on shelvs for current work :)

Also thank you very much Darby, Bill and Old man for your very pleasent comments

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

gablota 3 DSC02565gablota 2 DSC02566gablota 1 DSC02567

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 6