IdolM@ster F-22 Raptor, Feeling Pinkish?

Nothing screams raw, pure, outlandish masculinity like a bright, pink, aircraft covered in multi-colored flowers with Japanese Anime cartoon figures on it. (I promise after this post, I am putting on my boots, riding my horse, punching a few cows, eating very raw steak and telling SWMBO that I really don’t care what she thinks about my purchase of 3 1/24 Airfix Typhoons!! And then, I will take a blanket and find refuge outside with the dogs where I will be sleeping for a few nights.) This fine kit is Hasegawa’s 1/48 F-22 all doled out in the IdolM@ster markings. IdolM@ster started out as a video game and then expanded into books, magazines, TV shows and a movie. The F-22 IdolM@ster centers on Haruka Amami. And, that, folks is about all the knowledge I have regarding its background. If you need more, that’s what the internet is about. While feeding my slight obsession for Tiger Meet Aircraft, I came across one of these kits (there are several aircraft in the IdolM@ster series) and got hooked. This is my second with 5 more to go. The kits are somewhat decal intensive to say the least. It is the standard Hasegawa F-22 Raptor kit, albeit molded in bright pink and dark grey sprues. The trick to these kits is a very careful study of how to put on the 200 plus decals and then using a shockingly huge amount of decal setting solution to make the decals behave. With patience, the decals will settle into the kit decal as if they were painted on. To me it is an enjoyable build, different looking, and just an escape. The build thread is here.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234964072-the-idolmster-f-22-raptor/

I am going to finish a few more conventional builds before I tackle the next kit in this series. The last picture is the kit in its new home next to the other IdolM@ster kit and some of its Tiger Meet cousins. As always, all comments welcome.

rfi1.jpg

rfi2.jpg

rfi3.jpg

rfi4.jpg

rfi5.jpg

rfi6.jpg

rfi7.jpg

rfi8.jpg

rfi9.jpg

rfi10.jpg

rfi11.jpg

rfi12.jpg

rfi13.jpg

Must make mental note; really, really need to fix that wheel!!

• Like 9

Wow, that is a work of art. So good, that I feel bad having to point out that it looks like the joystick is on back to front....

You know what, I just took a gander at the instructions and you are right, I installed it backwards! It's an anti-joystick. Now my story will be Haruka Amami is dyslexic and this is a customized provision unique to her. Otherwise I have to go with I'm clueless about the Raptor and goofed. Where were my eagle eyed friends during the WIP thread?

Next question, is will it bug me enough to attempt to fix it? Hmmmm.

• Like 1

You know what, I just took a gander at the instructions and you are right, I installed it backwards! It's an anti-joystick. Now my story will be Haruka Amami is dyslexic and this is a customized provision unique to her. Otherwise I have to go with I'm clueless about the Raptor and goofed. Where were my eagle eyed friends during the WIP thread?

Next question, is will it bug me enough to attempt to fix it? Hmmmm.

Leave it. I wouldn't have mentioned it, but I'm sure if I hadn't, someone would have.

• Like 2

Leave it. I wouldn't have mentioned it, but I'm sure if I hadn't, someone would have.

Dont mean to jump on this bandwagon but the huds backwards aswell lol but if shes dyslexic it dont matter anyway cool as fudge model I definitely want some for the shelves breaks up all the grey

Edited by Mike
Please don't used disguised profanity
  • Like 1

Dont mean to jump on this bandwagon but the huds backwards aswell lol but if shes dyslexic it dont matter anyway cool as fudge model I definitely want some for the shelves breaks up all the grey

Of course, the easy fix to yours and devilfish's observations would be lower the tinted canopy and nothing in the cockpit would show! Where were you guys when I was building the darn thing? Oh well, both are not too difficult to fix, just need to take off the canopy and reverse them. Thanks to all for the positive comments. These are really fun kits if you like putting on decals.