1/48 Israeli Jets - F-15C Baz - Finished 7/8.

DaveJL

Hello all,

This is my next project. I was going to put up 3 separate threads but thought it might be better to combine them all into one.

Some 1/48 Israeli Air Force jets - Kinetic F-16I Sufa, Hasegawa A-4N Skyhawk and a Hasegawa F-4E Phantom ll (this will be a refurbished old build. Since starting, I've added an F-16A, F-16C and Kfir to the proceedings.

IMG_6250_zps6c513bdb.jpg

F-16 and aftermarket:

IMG_6252_zpsf3a73425.jpg

Still have some Python IVs to add along with a set of Eduard RBF tags. This jet will be marked as a machine from 119 'The Bat' squadron.

A-4N:

IMG_6254_zpsc124b2b1.jpg

Just need to order a resin seat. This jet will be marked as an example from 102 'Flying Tiger' squadron.

F-4E:

IMG_6251_zpsfac18f81.jpg

Built this a good while ago but i'm not happy with the paint or finish, so I'm going to strip it back and refurb it. The kit has an Airdoc refuelling probe, an Airdoc sidewinder launch rail (for the forward sparrow recess), Quickboost seats, Steel Beach FOD covers and some Airwaves etch around the canopy. Decals were from Hi-decal, which I will be using for the refurb, and all the weapons are from spares.

The decals:

IMG_6253_zps5c28c861.jpg

This machine will be marked as an example from 107 'Knights of the Orange Tail' squadron.

I'll post up pictures of the sprues of each kit when I come to build them and any additional aftermarket. If I get an F-15C, I might make it a quadruple :lol:

Dave

• Like 2

BM's most prolific builder strikes again! Looking forward to these.

Haha, thanks mate. Will be a while before I get started. A lot on with work and a possible change of jobs shortly then i'm off to the states for a fortnight :lol:

Hoping to get a couple done before Christmas though!

So here is the 4th part of this project:

IMG_6338_zps69c79303.jpg

IMG_6339_zps9d3338b7.jpg

Aftermarket:

IMG_6340_zpsfd4afb91.jpg

Along with the Sky's decals and Paragon Python 3s, i'll be adding a resin seat of some sort. This jet will be marked as 802 'Panther' from 106 'Spearhead' squadron.

As soon as the Jackal an Su-27 are off the bench, i'll be making a start on this project, most likely with the refurb on the F-4.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Small update to report.

F-4 has been fully cleaned up and is now ready for priming. Aside from that, the last few pieces of the project arrived:

IMG_6403_zps685859c8.jpg

Resin seat for the F-15 and A-4, Skunkworks weapons set for the Sufa and Eduard RBF tags for all of them!

I'm off to the states for a fortnight now so will update this in early October.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

F-4E will be primed soon so hoping to get painting started in the next few days.

Would anyone have any information with regard to Israeli F-4E and A-4N bombloads? Can't seem to find many pictures online.

Cheers

Dave

Not much of an update as i'm focusing on the WMIK at the moment but before the kit was primed I had to move the location of the resin refuelling probe as I misplaced it on the initial build:

IMG_6710_zpse5314798.jpg

As I say not much but should have more progress in the next week.

Dave

Cheers Tom. Progress is slow at the moment, but hopefully the pace will be accelerated shortly! Want at least one done before Christmas.

On another note, i've another addition to this project :lol: Updates soon.

Dave

No building progress to show, but i've added this to the project:

IMG_6748_zps7b94c919.jpg

IMG_6749_zpsca903276.jpg

Will add a resin seat and some ordnance from the spares. This machine will be marked as an example from 116 'Defenders of the South' Squadron.

WMIK is nearly done so hope to crack on with this next week. My aim is to at least get the F-4 done before Christmas.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Finally getting somewhere with this! :lol:

F-4E has been painted and is now ready for gloss before decal-ing commences:

IMG_6803_zps3289af7d.jpg

IMG_6802_zps613d832e.jpg

IMG_6800_zpseedd1090.jpg

Hoping to get more done at the weekend and make a start on another kit, most likely the A-4N (or F-15 :lol: )

More soon.

Dave

• Like 2