Right, that's the decals finished, paint touch ups done, extra windows added where the decals had cracked, and a satin coat over the whole thing:

d14_zpsced30de2.jpg

d15_zpsbb643d7b.jpg

I was going to use matt, but the silvering of the decals was so bad that I couldn't get away with it! The slight glossiness of the satin coat is enough to disguise the silvering. I then discovered that the warp pylons weren't square. One was twisted slightly, which had the effect of making the nose of the nacelle dip downwards. I couldn't have that, and twisting it back now that both sides were covered in the most fragile decals known to man was right out, so I had to add a small wedge to the top of the forward edge of the pylon to support the nacelle level without a gap.

So all assembled on it's stand, it looks like this:

d10_zps85ff2767.jpg

d11_zps0e10e9ca.jpg

d12_zps16c298f0.jpg

As with all filming miniatures, it doesn't look much in the flesh. However, give it some SFX and it's a different story...

d5_zps77cf5707.jpg

I'll put more tweaked pictures in a Ready For Inspection thread in a little while. In the meantime, thanks for watching - and Mark, if you're reading this, I hope you like the result.

RFI here:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234966171-enterprise-d/#entry1716758

Now, what's next...?

Dean

Edited by Deanflyer
  • Like 3

I've got the Polar Lights NX-01 Enterprise kit (gift). Is it similar to this model?? I have never opened it. I have no idea whats in the box. Is it as complicated as this kit?

Sgt... thanks...I'll be keeping an eye out for your review. I have a couple other unopened Sci-Fi kits in the stash. An AMT Enterprise and the AMT Enterprise Command Bridge kit with some figures.

I've got to do the Command Bridge set too.....I'll do the scans and photos of the NX tonight and I'll stick a link to the box top picture in here (if that is OK with Dean) so we are sure we are talking about the same thing. :coolio:

PS - Dean your package is ready, but I didn't get to the P/O today.....Will PM you tomorrow.