Cathay Pacific Colour Scheme (Again!)

Hello everyone.

I'm doing one of these:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-gNWGS-R6bQY/UEVl47YJbEI/AAAAAAAAEVY/2pWm7LQir7Q/s1600/WM+Cathay+Pacific+A340+-+08.jpg

The top is gloss white, the bottom is airbus grey the wings are standard.

Does anyone have a definitive colour reference for the stripe that runs down the side? (there is another topic on this but doesn't seem to have the full answer)

FS 36495 is mentioned, but not sure how close this is. Could anyone who has the decal sheet please check?

Also FS 25550 looks ok, but not sure of the equivalent in humbrol/tamiya or whatever.

Thanks

Edited by tom271282

FWIW, here's what I wrote in August 2006 over on Airlinercafe.

"

The lower part of the fuselage is a very light grey, lighter than Airbus Grey, and a lot lighter than Boeing Grey (check out any photo and you'll see the difference between the wing colours and fuselage/engine colours). You could start with Airbus Grey or Voodoo Grey (FS16515) and add white.

The fuselage stripe is a bluey grey, somehwere between Light Ghost Grey FS36575 and Light Grey FS36495 (but closer to the former).
"

In the photo you linked, the wing colour is different to the underside colour. There's quite a blue shift generally in that photo too.

Edited by buzz
  • Like 1

I had a sample of the actual Cathay Pacific paint that came from Boeing back in the 1990s. The closest model paint I could find was FS 36495. It's as close as you can get out of a bottle, which is why that's what I recommended. It's very close.

Edited by Jennings Heilig

Hi Jennings,

Are you suggesting FS36495 for the fuselage stripe, or the underside? In most of your LU instructions from the 90s, you were suggesting the fuselage stripe was approximately FS25550, which is bluer than FS36495, and closer to the stripe colour (maybe a little light).

Looking back at my post in 2006, I should have said FS36375, not FS36575 (no such number as far as I can see).

• 6 years later...