LCM3 Royal Navy colours

murfv

Would anyone happen to know where I might find details of colours/camo schemes as used on RN landing craft

for Operation Overlord or for the Rhine Crossing. I have a Turmpeter LCM3 and the new Airfix Higgins LCVP and was

wondering if it would be correct to scale up the scheme for the LCVP to the LCM3?

Thanks in advance for any guidence.

Hi,

I can only offer one picture of a LCM3 in Royal Navy colours of blue and white, the code is LCM1218 with the LC being half the size of the M1218 measured from the bottom of the line. The tank deck seems to be standard mid sea grey with the upper deck areas being grey as well. The standard US LCM 50 cal machine guns have been removed.

The book is THE BEAULIEU RIVER GOES TO WAR by Cyril Cunningham.

This book also shows the LCVP in RN colours being crewed by WREN's, LCVP1094 based at HMS Mastodon.

PM me for a photo from the book if required?

Cheers the a Woo

Hi

I've got it in my mind that RN colours were blue and white. I've seen an article some where but can't find it at the moment. Did come across this which might help

http://www.modelshipwrights.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=1280

I have also come across a couple of references to the Rhine crossing saying they were painted Olive Drab

Cheers Kev