Mals Adventures..Hey Another FW190A8R2...

looks great mal!

Question, how far "should" the MG Muzzles protrude from the gun cowl?

Them inner MG 151 them on the wingroot, approx 9mm, and them outer MK 108 aprox 4mm...since it in my Eyes looks Close enough, as ive used this ilustration as a reference from theese books, as i really recomend them, they are fantastic, they cost a bit, but hey if youre in for them Wurgers....get them....

74114ca2-a65e-4041-a94f-8c197a481638_zps

and here is a reference...

7e1005ce-5339-4ea9-87e1-f02a3468b524_zps

/Mal

Wow...thanks and im very flattered and honored, as ive only builded 3 Wurgers now...but admit...im stuck with em, mysterious ones so much to lear.....

as im awaiting the Revells new tool Fw190F8 that is supposed to hit them shelfs soon.

/Mal

thanks Mal, what about the ones behind the motor infront of the windscreen, MG17's?

Your wurger's are amazing, your work is part of the reason why I've tackled a 'Dora, while no where near as nice as yours Im proud of her and cant wait for the Revell 'F' release either!

Edited by Shawn M
  • Like 1

Im indeed glad you ask...

Them FW 190 A8 R2 they removed them MGs on the cowling due the fact the Heavy armour plates and them MK108, so they were removed, some did get them covers over them channels....some did not, so it is a matter of interpret.

Increaseed armour meaned increase weight, also some had them armour over the canopy, but after and later many removed them casue the reduced visibility (condense).

as can be seen on my oter A8R2...note them armoured glass and them covers for them MGs.

IMG_5433_zps1210735e.jpg

So there is variants on them as far as i know and not exact sience.... ;)

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford

Forgot to say........

This is my interptret of this wurger...with them armour just got attached and them landing gear adjusted to the increased weight Before patch painted...late war...

Werner Conradt...JG300....this is what i had in mind...but with a twist Mals Way ;)

2_189.jpg

Maybe not 100 Percent right...but in my Eyes a cool bird and Close enough....to have in the glass cabinett.

/Mal

Thanks for them fine comments.....

Yes and ill return later with a Wurger, but as ive said im waiting for the Retooled Revell Fw190F8, that looks very promising, yes....Mals upgrades on that one to.....

Next stop a base plate for this one, since late war, no happy....sparse on Everything....and all that..loosing war...ill do a base for this one....

Idea is Concrete base and grey/Brown grass between and worn service cart as this one i did earlier....and yes couple of faces that havent slept in a while and no hope expressions....

As im going to do a rerun on this one....but maybe grey one instead and WORN and rusty....

image_zps33ecc9f8.jpg

/Mal

• Like 1

Allright...My first timer on a IPMS Contest IPMS Open 08 this Saturday and Sunday....and it Went....

I were very surprised myself, and very honored.

IMG_1141_zpskwltmnt7.jpg

and this one got a honor prize. my Oob build.

IMG_1142_zpsomdqvf9c.jpg

Big thanks all that did participate at the IPMS Open 08 2015 in Stockholm, those who wonder what the heck 08 meaning, its the regional code for Stockholm.

/Mal

• Like 2

Hi Mal, I have followed all of the posts of this thread with great interest and it has been very useful as to what can be done with skill and patience! I am not sure I have as much of either as you do.

Your model is excellent and you do a very good WIP thread. With an impressive ability to communicate- your 'Swinglish' is brilliant.

Thank you for posting your work.

Andrew.

• Like 1