Mals Adventures..Hey Another FW190A8R2...

Thanks Parabat....

Yeah...pure accident...i did not feel that i had ispo on my finger...before its to late...but what to say...poo-poo happens sometimes and it is just to fix them clumsy things that happen to every builder sometimes...in this case im happy it were on them plates and NOT on the mottling.....since it then would be mych more work to fix...so in this case easy peasy fixin...

/Mal

Now that fiddle with the fan...GEEEZ ive dryfitted it at least 10 times during the build...tight...but when almost done with it and dryfitted...GHAAA it wont fit.......well redo...just stripped paint,
sanded them neccerary fanblades....new primer...yes..it fits...

IMG_0960_zps8lcxvyzj.jpg

More parts primed...some painted...som even got gloss on them...getting closer day by day...painting them details...weathering with oils...
IMG_0961_zps7gsktd8t.jpg

/Mal

Hey Mal, the FW190 looks superb! The chipping and weathering have really brought it to life. Please can I ask for some more detail on the weathering materials you have used to achieve such a realistic and spot on weathered scheme. This is an area I have everything to learn/experiment.

Cheers,

Rob

• Like 1

Rob, thanks fot the nice comment, and yes you can ask.

All steps including paint. All oants are Tamiya.

1. I primed the model with Tamiya Light grey Primer, it is hard and it is neccevary, since chippings is invovlved.

Wen it is dry, i use very fine wetpaper 2000grit and water ro knock of surface errors, and spot other errors that needs to be fixed.

2. Prehade using Redbrown and Flat black 50/50 so it get that reddish and some retarder in it and yes very diluted, ran it over the model along rivet patterns.

Note the top side got another round of preshade with flat black mixed wit some retarder.

3. Then Alclad polished Alu on areas that is going to be chipped.

4. Then Ak chipping On the Alclad.

5. Then all camo painting, masking insignias and do all that.

6. Using water to soften them areas that is going to be chipped, using tooth pick to scrape, until i acheived the desireed effect im after.

7. a layer o glosscoat very diluted, many thin layers for protection.

8. Using Tamiya accent panel line wash to pinwash all panel lines only....when that is dry i use Zippo lighter fluid on a cotton stick to remove them small blobs after the Tamiya accent panel wash.

9. Then brushing all model with Florys dark dirt, let dry and then remove the excess in from front to back, direction, to the point when getting the desired effect im after,

10. Another gloss coat, very diluted and thin layers.

11. Using Tamiya accent panel line wash again to enhance some areas i want.

12. then postshade using redbrown flatblack mix very very diluted, running it over some of them panel lines...not all of them.

13. Do them exhaust gases marks,

14. Decanned Tamiys flat thru AB.

Thats about it.

i will finally when almost nearly done, ill do streaks using oils, on strategic places.

i hope this helps you and that answers your question.

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford
  • Like 4

Rob, thanks fot the nice comment, and yes you can ask.

All steps including paint. All oants are Tamiya.

1. I primed the model with Tamiya Light grey Primer, it is hard and it is neccevary, since chippings is invovlved.

Wen it is dry, i use very fine wetpaper 2000grit and water ro knock of surface errors, and spot other errors that needs to be fixed.

2. Prehade using Redbrown and Flat black 50/50 so it get that reddish and some retarder in it and yes very diluted, ran it over the model along rivet patterns.

Note the top side got another round of preshade with flat black mixed wit some retarder.

3. Then Alclad polished Alu on areas that is going to be chipped.

4. Then Ak chipping On the Alclad.

5. Then all camo painting, masking insignias and do all that.

6. Using water to soften them areas that is going to be chipped, using tooth pick to scrape, until i acheived the desireed effect im after.

7. a layer o glosscoat very diluted, many thin layers for protection.

8. Using Tamiya accent panel line wash to pinwash all panel lines only....when that is dry i use Zippo lighter fluid on a cotton stick to removes them small blobs after the Tamiya accent panel wash.

9. Then brushing all model with Florys dark dirt, let dry and then remove the excess in from front to back, direction, to the point when getting the desired effect im after,

10. Another gloss coat, very diluted and thin layers.

11. Using Tamiya accent panel line wash again to enhance some areas i want.

12. then postshade using redbrown flatblack mix very very diluted, running it over some of them panel lines...not all of them.

13. Do them exhaust gases marks,

14. Decanned Tamiys flat thru AB.

Thats about it.

i will finally when almost nearly done, ill do streaks using oils, on strategic places.

i hope this helps you and that answers your question.

/Mal

Thanks Mal, that is really helpful and interesting how you build up the layers of weathering to achieve the overall effect. It looks very realistic, but not overpowering for the scale of the model.

Cheers,

Rob

Thanks Rob.

Many small things add to the whole...

as examle chipping....make shure it is small flakes the better...also chip along some rivet pattern...and the very edge of them lids, haches, doors and cowling where they often open and close....less is more and easily over done.....

trick is....look at pics of worn aircraft...and work liitle by little with pauses betwen let eyes and mind rest...since easier to se the progress....

/Mal

• 2 weeks later...

havent builded in a few weeks.

lets see, the spinner i done, yep that nasty White band is a tricky one to do, but now im done, also them blades, every thing just got a pinwash, and shure is shiny still, not finnished yet, also them landing gears is more done, only dry fitted them Wheels, more weathering to do so it fits overall worn of the bird.

IMG_1005_zpsmqssr8kg.jpg

IMG_1001_zpso48tpavi.jpg

IMG_1008_zpstrangtyo.jpg

IMG_1003_zps5hawu4gc.jpg

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford
  • Like 2

Oh forgot....them landing gear from different angle...

IMG_1028_zpstexdysbn.jpg

Yes...havent forgot...there will be dust on the lover part of them landing gear doors, but much later....with streak marks that shws a mechanic been there and touched places...yes a small detail...but ads...so meaning liitle and subtle weathering....also try to recreate the small areas where there is no dust after miantance crew prescence, scrape of dust after Tools and so on...on the dust...

/Mal

Weathering......This will do just fine for me...minor adjustments´,,,specially around them drainpipe on the Engine cowling...

38848d72-2783-44f2-8913-3385b26f4154_zps

Navlight in Place...used clear sprue...and then painted with transpaent color...

IMG_1036_zpsp5v2jpbj.jpg

Them Flaps...they go their wirst wash...more to com on theese...

IMG_1037_zpspgbdmpue.jpg

/Mal

• Like 2

That rack....

IMG_1047_zpsvmvdq38d.jpg

Now....Them Big GUNS......

Barrel and fodder....Alutube and brass tube, slide in....
IMG_1056_zpsd0095o4o.jpg

That antenna is done...the top end is fishing line....just making my models hand friendly...so things dont brake so easilly ;) ...and when talking ww2 birds with friends and showing and discussing....
IMG_1059_zpsep80j2un.jpg

Wotk on that loop antenna.....piece of spruce will do just fine...

IMG_1060_zpscuo2eaum.jpg

Done...
IMG_1061_zpsv8jjtvzs.jpg

Them landing gear signal pins in Place...also them barrels, note that guncam will get paint and a lens...
IMG_1071_zps0bbhotrz.jpg

They shure look mighty sweet when posing together
IMG_1073_zpsg8wqc7j8.jpg

/Mal

• Like 1

More parts on their places....

That step...
IMG_1077_zps208tbfsm.jpg

Them antennas....
IMG_1079_zps3fhzmufg.jpg

That straigt antenna is guitar string.....perfect to do them thin ones with guitar string.
IMG_1080_zpsb5t7l4qq.jpg

Had to take outside photo natural light...yes...im the worst critic..nameley me...and yes i admit this passes Mals quality control......for now. hehe
IMG_1081_zpsnwlgl3vd.jpg
IMG_1082_zpshcnnigcv.jpg

Now them things left is Pitot tube and rigging.....

/Mal

• Like 3

Small things done...

Got this today....

IMG_1086_zpszpclyyci.jpg

Rigginh is done....

IMG_1089_zpsf9spoabo.jpg

Pitot tube in Place....brasstube and guitar string....

IMG_1088_zpsqczjfbcu.jpg

And that guncam, got the lens, Kristal Klear....it will be transparent glass when it is dry....

IMG_1090_zpsblrbmdpx.jpg

And This Is Finnished.....

/Mal

• Like 1