Mals Adventures..Hey Another FW190A8R2...

Thanks Parabat.

Got the great tip from Brian (LSP)....as ive first were going to scratch them Plastic card or brass sheet....he said...beercan, perfect curve and material is done perfect and thin and stiff at the same time, easy to work with siccors and scalpel, just mark and bent it snaps perfect, that material is great use....so got that in my material stash lol....

/Mal

Small things done, got som time left today...

MG Covling is riveted....there were some sinkmarks at the joints to the sprue, been taken care of with Tamiya putty disolved in Acetone, and smothen out gently, also that protection on the ip cover is in place, used soldering wire.

IMG_6641_zps38aa522c.jpg

/Mal

• Like 1

Allright...

More details and reading about theese mystical birds....

Revi...that revi....as i just read that since the FW190A7 they got exoupped with Revi 16b and not the one that is in the kit that looks closer to a revi C/12D...wich is wrong....ill explain for them who dont know, and lurking this thread...

as im still learning to and this is my conclusions ;) ....

The kits C/12D revi

IMG_66461_zpsabd9be2c.jpg

and a reference pic...on that one...

revi12.jpg

the revi 16b looks like this...

revi16b_10.jpg

and this is my MK1 in doing a revi 16b without them gunsigt glasses....it looks ok but not good enough...first timer in doing them....not pleased with this one so im going to do a new one MK2 or 3 or 4 lol till im pleased...this is the world in scratching somethings is a first timer...

IMG_6645_zpsf13227fe.jpg

/Mal

Thanks TempestV...yea im for the moment deep in to them...this is my third wurger only...

Allright.....

MK2..still testing...getting closer..proportions little wrong...also that revi projection lens in place and the glasses...note...this is just practice rounds in doing them.....feels like the right path to makem.

IMG_66501_zpsf272f9ca.jpg

/Mal

Allright....MK3 is a go,

this will do just fine for me, added details, made from beercan, the projection lens will come in the end, that will be from clearfix, and gunsight glasses will added when it all is painted and weathered...

IMG_66551_zps16cc0b74.jpg

IMG_6656_zps1eac592d.jpg

dryfitting it all......yeah it looks like it is going to work, not perfect and maybe not 100% right but close enough and good enough for me....

IMG_6659_zpsda1143e2.jpg

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford

Thanks Winenut for the kind words..

Well done a little....The canopy is resting after a bath of Floorwax ;)....

IMG_66911_zpsa23b7702.jpg

Also hammered togehter a Mals Way Tutorial on how i do my IP on them Hasegawa style casting with details by request from a Forum member at IPMS Gothenburg....a basic one, that explains how i do them Instrument wit framing and dials and glass....oics do the talking swedish ois a weird language...lol..took about one hour to do...but it si very basic and not a sharp version for a model...just example job ;)

http://ipmsgoteborg.clubdiscussion.net/t3985-instrument-panel-mals-waybasic-tutorial

• 5 months later...

Allright...Time to tace care of this build and continye shall we.....

This kit...well it is time consumiming, as they who followed this that some one sit on this cit and so on, as things is are ready bad...had HUGE fitting pronlems and all i solved now and now every thing is in order....

Riveting that wing and cowling....took a while to do, had to re rivet several times, patch it and rivet again....but good enough for me...and will ad that extra i think....

IMG_0853_zpsxhxztmpa.jpg

IMG_0855_zpsw7plka7h.jpg

Wings are married to the fuselage...

IMG_0856_zpslnksngoi.jpg

Now that wingroot..it was a huge bad missformed gap......here is that problem....well plastic card....CA glue and Sodium bicarbonate....That solves thing just fine, and then my homebrew surfacer....this too a while to fix....

IMG_0857_zpsc9eqt6i1.jpg

Also dryfitting that rack...also more work on that wing root....got to be smooth and even....

IMG_0862_zpstmd7nil2.jpg

Checkin my work with paint......yes....this will do just fine.....

IMG_0864_zpski2wb6uu.jpg

Also tried for the first tiime my new tool set, beading tool, the same them jewelers use to fix gemstones in to jewelry...yes they work good....

IMG_0859_zpsdzzje4rs.jpg

feels good to be back in this one after them guest plays on a 109 and zeke....

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford

No Building this evening...since i realised i don got proper material for it.....

soi got to obtain Material for them Vent doors "gills" ....namely beercan....and i dont got an empty one....so need to snap a beer lol to get it.

Fun way of getting them items....the content is valuable so it is not thrown away lol.

/Mal

Allright....been up since 8 Am this morning and working....vent doors done from beercan....BUT got to redo two of them...seen on the pic with red arrows, left side gills...dang it were hard to see, but thats the reason with primer to spot own errors....nothing to it, just fix it, since im the one that have to live with this model in my glass cabinett, and i dont want to regrett afterwards with them words "oh why did i not fix it properly".....so they will be redone, nut right side gills are perfect good enough for me...

IMG_0881_zpslrg6jke0.jpg

IMG_0882_zpsqbw8a5ua.jpg

IMG_0884_zpsx9beqc57.jpg

IMG_0885_zps7mczcpuq.jpg

Then run the model with 2000 grit wetpaper and water, to get rid of them tiny micro tiny surface errors, yep Brians (out2gotcha) way, simce that it a fact, to obtain a rean nice smoots finnish, it got to be done properly ;) it makes weathering more fun since getting ballroom to play with, and not use the weathering for coverup errors...
/Mal

• Like 1

Allright...small things done....Mals interpret of this specific intevid and this will do just fine for me....since may of them ilustrations are interpret...This wurger just got them armourplates...RLM02 and that redoxide protection paint.

IMG_0886_zpse7mtfkhw.jpg

IMG_0888_zpsaoy5kpfj.jpg

All rlm camo 74 75 76 colors are own mixed tamiya....

/Mal

• Like 1

Allright some adjustments needed here...after alot of thinking and som reading, yes qualified guessings....

That armoure is reprimed with RLM02 preshade were redbrown....it is there but bad on the pic, as ive figured, if the red oxid were there and it were painted with that protection paint,,,the rlm have to come on top, and also no chipping if it were installed just recently...so...that is corrected...

so it got that nice contrast of new armour plates on a worn bird...ill do that red oxid primer on them wheeldoors, since they must have adjusted the landing gear cause the heavier armour...

so that will be there, also started to paint them crosses...

IMG_0894_zps9mpfh0au.jpg

/Mal

small update....

As them who followed this thread from the start allready know this kit is shure damage goods....many parts are broke,

Nothing i cant handle, that head armourplate is done, the only parts i reused were that headrest and that small wall, rest is scratched, also mounted them "ears" for that supportingwire, and resin rivet.

IMG_0899_zpspexvthzx.jpg

yep it passes Mals quality control....
IMG_0903_zpsae6taf1t.jpg

Also added that white stripe on the reichband..
IMG_0902_zps5b0rzjpd.jpg

IMG_0901_zpschbspfzu.jpg

Also im adding one thing that i wont do...that no step line...well after reasearching in my FW 190 books Vol 1 and 3 ....interesting, they are shure many times left out later in war, or rather been overpainted in field maintance...so i wont paint them.....

Jippi a free time here in not to have to do them....lol...

Also note that the white stripe in the reichband is not perfectly uniform in the middle...it is closer to the cross...yes nothing i havent missed...in fact they were like that, after i did some reasearch...

Also many note that the reichband is uniform in width yes, that is correct, as many wurgers do have that reichband follow that last panel line before the fin...so variants occor on theese birds..

IMG_0905_zpsgx2htbju.jpg

IMG_0904_zps0kbahwiu.jpg

So they could vary depends on the indevid.

/Mal

• Like 1

new episode......

Bad Things Do Happen...even the best modellers face theese things, and im very shure of it, since they never be good and great builders without them drawbacks...that do happen, the trick is not to sit down and
say...oh no ive ruined it...no...se them solutions how to fix it, it becomes much easier....ill ashure you.

i managed with the heroic task of puttin a big juicy finger print on one of them armour plates, has isop prop on my thumb that i did not notice.....

Easy Peasy fixin....

well that meaning a redo...not one side only...i got to fix em both.....yes both, since when patching there will be a slight tonal difference, since im mixin my paints, yes you know the rest withoutt further explenation....

a nice pile of them cotton sticks....isop prop and CA debonder is the thing for this kind of precision work.....yep...ive taken it firmly and gently since dont want to ruin the rest of the job.....

IMG_0927_zpscroltd4w.jpg

a 1/2 hour later...
IMG_0928_zpshzubud7u.jpg

IMG_0930_zps4xjtflqh.jpg

yess. a brand new ballrom to play on......next mask of and redo theese....

Allright.....Them armourplates are finnished.....easy peasy fixin......

Close up pics....also, i havent clearcoated anything yet, more adjustements on that Florys...but im getting closer, i will use a mouth mostened brush to make streak and adjusting the florys, when the clear comes on it will be darker...
one step at the time....there will be oils and some postshading to on strategic places.....

IMG_0932_zps0iknqwiw.jpg

IMG_0935_zpsz7pa4cf6.jpg

At last...

Major weathering done, various teqhniues this time, all that ive learned in that is used on this build....little by little all the time with them different ads up to the whole..
that last thing will be using oils....subtle and little

IMG_0941_zpspt7urudk.jpg

IMG_0944_zpsahu6s40d.jpg

IMG_0940_zpso49ef10p.jpg

IMG_0939_zpsfla6i2g4.jpg

Yes....this may turn in to a model after all....yes hard to please Mal...im my own worst critics lol...

/Mal

• Like 3