1/48 - Messerschmitt Bf.110E-2 Tropical (new variant) by Dragon - released

Homebee

Just like with its 1/32nd kit (http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234947836-132-messerschmitt-bf110e-2-trop-by-dragon-released/), Dragon is to release very soon (August 2014), in its Wing Tech/Master Series, a 1/48th Messerschmitt Bf.110E-2 Tropical kit - ref.5560.

Source: http://dragon-models.com/d-m-item.asp?pid=CHC5560#

C_CHC5560_00.jpg

B_CHC5560_01.jpg

B_CHC5560_02.jpg

B_CHC5560_03.jpg

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee

• 3 months later...

The same I posted on other forum:

In my opinion, Dragon's Bf110 series, both 1/48 and 1/32, are the best reproduction of the Zerstörer.
I have all 1/48 and they are really nice, the designer slipped in very few details, almost everything is really well done and researched.

Or it was.

I was anxious for the new E to arrive, since I would not only have the parts for an E, but also a short fuselage part which I could use in some of my Ds in order to backdate them to C.

However, just opened the box and realized that unfortunately Dragon didn't take the same care with its 1/32 counterpart.

The kit doesn't have the appropriate wheels nor the nose intake, which are the immediate and main points of difference.
Worse yet, the tail wheel (which comes in the same plastic tree than the short tail parts) is too small for an E.
With this kit alone, you just can't have an E because you don't have the correct nose, wheels and tail wheel, and you can't have a D neither, because you haven't the long tail.
It is odd, but straight of the box, the best option is to make it a C.

Can you believe this?!

Ok, one would say that the nose intake is easy to be made. Yes, it is.
Or that you can have aftermarket wheels (Aerocast are very nice), or grab them and tail wheel from the D-3 (or the Monogram G-2/4), but by the price of this kit it wouldn't have to be necessary.
It is not cheap, but even if it was, you still don't have inside the box what is promised on its cover.
Well, I won't thrash the kit away, I can make it a C and it was one of my projects anyway, but wonder why Dragon made the correct changes/upgrade for the 1/32 and not for the 1/48...

:-(

Fernando Estanislau.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...