German F-104G with Daco`s Improvement Set

Hi all,

here my latest model: Hasegawas F-104G in scale 1:48 together with the brand new Improvement Set by Daco. This set is just amaizing with about 500 parts including new wings, underwing tanks, nozzles, a lot of Cockpit details, a big number of weapons, recce pods and many more. Almost a complete new model around the Hasegawa kit. Apart from the Daco set I used some parts of the old CMK resin set and some eatched parts by Eduard. The Decals are from Astra (Daco), showing of a German F-104G of JaboG 31 in 1982. Hope you like it!

AEWtQ21IRz.jpg

27UBhitlWL.jpg

3WHz3ttukR.jpg

IYxQMBaRTf.jpg

kzP8wOSHTm.jpg

CaRClIEfPv.jpg

BnLeeEXQsR.jpg

RESJGzbHT6.jpg

JZFU5P9hyq.jpg

M3hxbEMkoT.jpg

OVvmXG21MD.jpg

KZREjuSgBe.jpg

9rdwe3gRoL.jpg

61eSyDefRK.jpg

WTXeQfKKGU.jpg

RlsSOiO30W.jpg

f60Xiq7NZf.jpg

76xoZRwhdE.jpg

cIWrN2OJvw.jpg

1b0knb25gd.jpg

• Like 36

I can't even to find the words! Amazing cool! Top modeling technique! Superb photos! What did you use for weathering! Please tell us a few words abour your highlighting (lowlighting) technology by the airbrush (if it had to be)!

That's brilliant. Fantastic looking model.

1982 - Back in the day when fighters just looked great rather than just looking boring grey.

Edited by PLC1966
  • Like 1

Great job Matthius. I've got the DACO set ready to go on my TF-104G as well as the Belgian decal pack which enhance the basic Hase kit no end eliminating all those nasty rivets along the way !

Great weathering and photography, it really looks the part.........the off set nose wheel is a nice touch.

Thanks for all the words. For those who like some more informations about the weathering, I used a mix of oil colours (brown, white and black), Tamiya weathering set, AMK chipping and last but not least there was a lot of Airbush-work making post-shading lines.

• Like 1