Revell 1/32nd Hurricane Mk.IIb, conv. with Grey Matter Fig,-128 Sqn, W.Africa-Billy Drake

Hiya Folks,

Here is my latest model,......it is the re-released old Revell Hurricane kit converted into a Mk.IIb using the Grey Matter Resin conversion set and the build thread can be found here;

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234964386-132nd-hurricane-mkiib-revell-kit-with-grey-matter-conv-almost-finished/page-2

The model represents BD897/ WG-M which was flown by Sqn. Ldr. Billy Drake`s aircraft when he was CO of 128 Sqn. based at Hastings in Sierra Leone, West Africa during 1941-42 and he downed a Vichy French Maryland flying this aircraft.

Finished with Aeromaster acrylics (yes I know,..rare,....cheers again Andy!) with Finnish Light Blue representing RAF Sky Blue and the nose art was hand painted onto the model,..see the build thread! I had originally applied the wrong serial however but have now changed it

Anyway enough blurb,.....here is the modeL, but it originally had the wrong serial;

h40_zpsaa559d60.jpg

So the serial was changed from BD776 (WG-F) to the correct BD897 (WF-M);

h26a_zps6326c560.jpg

h27_zpsb8e4373d.jpg

h28_zps01a6ab45.jpg

h29a_zpsafa0d4e0.jpg

h32_zpsb7365dde.jpg

h34_zpscf00262c.jpg

h40_zps2f2e0b85.jpg

h38a_zpsc5482cb1.jpg

h39_zps5fe26a96.jpg

h41_zps968b47aa.jpg

h38a_zpsc5482cb1.jpg

I hope you like it, and here are some pics of the real aircraft, note that it has earlier rounded exhausts and not fishtail exhausts like those on the model, but I didn`t have any suitable exhausts `in stock to use'!;

SquadronLeaderBillyDrakestandsinthecockp

112sqnpic060_zpsce4a686d.jpg

Cheers

Tony

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 13

Excellent work, I just love the nose art, you've totally nailed it well done. I wish Tam Revell or Trump would do a brand new tooling of a hurricane.

Thanks everybody,......glad you like it even though I`ve applied the wrong serial,....doh!! Work is in hand to put this right and I`ll post an update soon,

Cheers

Tony

Thanks Folks,

Just for info,.......I`ve now changed the serial to the correct BD897 and have deleted the old pics and posted a new set of photos instead!

What a dope!

Cheers

Tony

Thanks again folks for your very kind comments which are really appreciated, glad you like it,

Keith- No I kept the awful Revell wheel well in place this time as I couldn`t afford another Grey Matter Figures wheel well set, but I did use one on my SEAC Mk.IIc model seen below and I can highly recommend it if you can afford it along with the cockpit set and conversion set, which I couldn`t this time;

3224-1n_zps2d1036d1.jpg

For those who are interested,..here are some pics of the Mk.IIc, which also has hand painted nose art!;

3224-1l_zps69e61f39.jpg

3224-1t_zps376bf855.jpg

3224-1u_zps51670d2f.jpg

3224-1s_zps53631af5.jpg

Cheers

Tony