'70s starship scratchbuild

Some good guesses, but apart from the Notek light they're not correct. I mean the parts are correct, it's obviously a sprocket, but nothing from a Tiger or E-100/Maus.

I can see this is going to run + run. Thanks for the kind comments by the way, it's not exactly skill required to cut and stick these bits, more patience :)

Will

And imagination.....That's the crucial bit! :coolio:

If it's not Pz.46 then that's got to be the turret of a modern SPG.....Which puts it outside my recognition range, I don't even do Pz.46 as it happens, only what was actually built. If I want science fiction I come here rather than clogging up the AFV section! :wicked:

PS - I now reckon it's a Trumpeter 1/72 Abbot SPG. :shrug:

• Like 1

It's a Trumpeter 1/72 SPG turret alright, but a bit newer.

OK, found a bit of modelling time at the weekend, found the missing bits, and fitted them (plus some more!)

15104499912_391d5716b9_c.jpg

14918304407_ed6d8f4f6d_c.jpg

Need to leave this bit alone now, and figure out how to build out the rest of the back end.

W

• Like 1

A winner! Now you can identify parts from many further kits which have just contributed:

14940220249_89a259016a_c.jpg

I wasn't going to have detail this deep on the outer hull, but I thought it fitted, so now we have some "space intakes". Maybe they're for air-breathing engines during atmospheric flight, or gas cloud dipping?

I'm not sure about the two plates in between the intakes, I thought they were a nice fit for the space, but I'm starting to dislike them - they don't follow any of the existing lines.

Cheers,

Will

Definitely fuel scoops for gas-giant skimming. :nerd:

How about running some ducting or pipework in line with the outer edges of the plates, having it disappear into the smaller 'scoop' to the rear. An AFV wheel or similar centred near the curved section of the forward part of the plate might provide the basis of some other gubbins to fill out the gap, maybe even bridging across the plates? :shrug:

A winner! Now you can identify parts from many further kits which have just contributed:

Nope, actually I can't! :blush:

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi Nigel, thanks for the interest! I'm afraid it stalled just before Christmas - I'm still not quite sure how to deal with the back end and while I was getting to a solution I realised I didn't have enough LEDs of the right size. Cue dithering etc.

It's not gone into moving boxes yet (and nor have the bits) so maybe I can pick it up and find something to do with it! I could always opt not to light it, which makes things easier, but I know I'll regret that later.

Cheers,

Will

• Like 2

so maybe I can pick it up and find something to do with it!

I hope you can, its a great build.

I could always opt not to light it, which makes things easier, but I know I'll regret that later.

Of course you would, this model demands a Vale lighting system.