1/48 Tamiya Fairey Swordfish Mk.II no.99

John.R

Hello,

While waiting for the Tamiya paint to arrive for the Mosquito, I've been faced with a dilemma about this kit and that is to either build this or to put it up for sale.

After speaking to the local model shop and also a few friends who have an interest in building kits & leaving them unpainted, I've took the first steps to starting it as I'm trying to thin the amount of kits I have to build.

For the moment here is the Box & Sprue shot's:

Swordfishbox_zps37efcd12.jpg

SwordfishSprueA_zps425f03cc.jpg

SwordfishSprueB_zps2d542788.jpg

SwordfishSprueC_zps38334a35.jpg

SwordfishSprueD_zpsdd7771d0.jpg

SwordfishSprueE_zpsed4e99cf.jpg

SwordfishSprueG_zps9c5d8cf0.jpg

SwordfishSprueK_zpsf888a3b0.jpg

I'm not entirely sure which scheme this is going to be finished in just yet, at the moment I'm verging to the White Fuselage Coded LS726.

I have a feeling this could be a slow build!

Thanks for Looking.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, here's a small little update on this:

I had originally intended this to be a long term project which would take me up to Christmas, but between this and the Mosquito I'm also building, I've started to give this one a fair bit more time on the desk so to speak:

Although not pictured I've built up the engine and sprayed the outside of the aircraft in "Poundland" White, which once I've built up a bit more will have either a satin or matt finish to it, and have started work on the interior:

2emps3t.jpg

szd7cx.jpg

I know I haven't the Photo-etch for the aircraft, but how would I go about either scratch building or making my own rigging to "Wing String"?

Thanks for looking!

• Like 1

Another quick update:

Finished the cockpit section, just need to put the finishing touches on the arms while in-situ, and will be ready to be attached.
(painting the figures needs a lot of work)
Need to pick up some Desert Yellow as the instructions say the side's of the fuselage should be that colour.
The Prop is removable at the moment which will make painting the cowling much easier.

23ljfac.jpg

jihy69.jpg

288nyvp.jpg

19v13s.jpg

Quickly added the elevator's and bottom panel to see if there was any gaps, and it may need a slight bit of work esp behind the Pilot:
15mecsk.jpg

Thanks for Looking!

• Like 1