A Spitfire For Two - Revell/Airfix conversion

Hey all,

Well this may very well be my last ever aircraft build I post here and, quite possibly, my last ever Spitfire or aircraft build for a long time due to going of to uni in a few weeks.

A quick explanation of this build; I have long been aware about this two seat Spitfire conversion and I realised that I could use the spares I have built up, these included; Airfix Volkes filter, vacform canopy, injection canopy and a prop that I got from Brianthemodeller. Anyway, I thought it'd be a refreshingly unusual Spitfire build to end on after my previous Spitfire diorama to end my Spitfire XIV builds.

Here's the only photo of the real thing

5-ES127-01-001-1.jpg

Here's the colour profile I got hold of

SpitVTrop2Seatx3.jpg

I'll shut up now and show the model!

27438263969_114c55d771_b.jpgRR_zps54540c91 by Ben Standen, on Flickr

39214137311_9743a48b28_b.jpgRF_zpsa2888eba by Ben Standen, on Flickr

27438264539_a68e2f0772_b.jpgR_zpsed1fe596 by Ben Standen, on Flickr

39214137781_4a0e77f73d_b.jpgLR1_zps55d6dc02 by Ben Standen, on Flickr

27438265159_0d886ba0a0_b.jpgLF_zps36400ae1 by Ben Standen, on Flickr

39214138181_585d3f250c_b.jpgL1_zpsaaa0b22a by Ben Standen, on Flickr

27438265969_1191d45bcc_b.jpgL_zpsc7bd9073 by Ben Standen, on Flickr

Thanks for looking! Got to build the diorama now,

Ben

Edited by wellsprop
  • Like 14

You turned the wick up under yourself with this one didn't you? Seems like yesterday you were starting this off.

Lovely build and finish, BTW, and a word to the wise: you can build models at uni. You might not be able to airbrush, and carrying completed builds home is a pig of a job, but going to uni didn't stop me. It mainly meant I could grab a pint at the hall bar while I waited for paint to dry between stages, rather than a miserable cup of instant!

You turned the wick up under yourself with this one didn't you? Seems like yesterday you were starting this off.

Lovely build and finish, BTW, and a word to the wise: you can build models at uni. You might not be able to airbrush, and carrying completed builds home is a pig of a job, but going to uni didn't stop me. It mainly meant I could grab a pint at the hall bar while I waited for paint to dry between stages, rather than a miserable cup of instant!

Cheers Mitch :)

I do intend to carry on at uni and work my way through the stash. As it stand currently, I will totally shelve my model building once at uni (probably till christmas) then once I've got into things I might take up my box of modelling things :P Fortunately I only build 1/72 so transport won't be a problem.

Summer holidays do allow for fast model building!

Ben

Edited by wellsprop

Hi Friend:

YOu have done a nicely and wonderful job with this one, really I like allthe things you did with this kit, hope to find one of them in my stashand try to replicate with at least the half of results you had.

Thank you very much for sharing thisone and the wip article, really amazing!!!

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

..fancy doing this one too now ..love it!

Go for it, I'd love to see a WIP of Airfix's new 48th Mk V as a two seater! ;)

Nice one Ben, totally different and a great subject, you've done a marvelous job of this Spit,

Sean

The peculiarity of this Spitfire is what made me want to build it, glad it's appreciated.

HI

Rarely seen in model a magnificent work I like a lot !! :analintruder: well done !

Thanks pascal, was a very fun kitbash, I'll tell you :P

You've got me convinced :thumbsup::goodjob: .

I forgot to say that there a hell of a lot of unknowns on this Spit. Firstly, it's probable that it was a Vc not b. Secondly, I don't know if it had gunsight and/or cannons. Finally, I'm not sure if it used this DH Hydromatic prop. I'm pleased though!

Hi Friend:

YOu have done a nicely and wonderful job with this one, really I like allthe things you did with this kit, hope to find one of them in my stashand try to replicate with at least the half of results you had.

Thank you very much for sharing thisone and the wip article, really amazing!!!

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

I'd highly recommend the conversion, it's very simple and something out of the ordinary away from the mundane assembly and green/grey scheme (Don't get me wrong though, I love my green/grey Spitfire XIV's!).

Ben

Proper modelling skills there I take my hat off. Thanks for educating me about it too, I'd never even knew this existed before.

Top job Benny on an unusual field conversion.

All the best for uni mate,it's been nice to chat,share ideas,share tips and share a

love of RJ's finest and one of the planet's sexiest flying machines ever created.

Here's to you and hoping that one day you just might pop your backside on the seat and feel the

tingle of a Rolls-Royce V12 up your spine instead of a Lycoming in a spam-can.

Whatever happens,if you neglect us 'orrid lot,don't neglect The Redhead,you know that like you,

I know they're wonderful creatures.

Top job Benny on an unusual field conversion.

All the best for uni mate,it's been nice to chat,share ideas,share tips and share a

love of RJ's finest and one of the planet's sexiest flying machines ever created.

Here's to you and hoping that one day you just might pop your backside on the seat and feel the

tingle of a Rolls-Royce V12 up your spine instead of a Lycoming in a spam-can.

Whatever happens,if you neglect us 'orrid lot,don't neglect The Redhead,you know that like you,

I know they're wonderful creatures.

Cheers Miggers! :D

I have no intention of running away from BM anytime soon, I guess it's a disease or something ;) for the next few months, however, uni takes priority.

It is my dream to get hold of the stick on a Spitfire (even if it's just as a pax in a two seater!). For the mean time I'm just trying to get my medical...

Thanks for all the tips over the past couple years, on Spitfires I know you have given me many!

Ben

• Like 1