Trumpeter 1:350 Liberty Ships - anyone know the differences?

bootneck

I'd like to build a 1:350 Liberty Ship and know that Trumpeter has produced two; Jeremiah O'Brien and John W. Brown. Problem is I don't know which to get.

Can anyone please advise me what the differences are with each kit? I am presuming there must be some.

cheers

Mike

Hobby Search to the rescue!

Jeremiah's instructions: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10052985

John Brown's: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10054694

From what i can see, the John Brown has more AA locations. That seems to be about it.

Dean.

Thanks Dean,

I'll look through those instruction sheets to see what the differences are on the sprue parts.

cheers

Mike

Hi Mike,

I can recommend the L'Arsenal detail set for this kit, I managed to pick up both the Trumpy kit and L'Arsenal set a year or so back for a combined price of £32, one of the best bargains I've had on ebay in recent times.

My old man was on at least one Liberty boat (SS Samoa) in WW2, I intend to build the kit as a commemoration of his service and display it with his medals in a nice wooden case, it's just a plan at the moment but I'll get there one day.

Good luck.

Ant

Hi Ant,

that really was a bargain! Somehow those offers don't seem to be around when I'm about. I'm still looking for a decent Liberty kit, hence my query, and the price would be a major factor as well. The detail set is a must have but first to get the kit.

I've been trawling all the supplier sites, to find a bargain, but I never thought of ebay so I'll do some checking around there now.

Thanks for the advice

Mike