NAA/CAC P-51 Mustang Propeller blades, 1:32

P-51 Mustang Propeller blades

Red Roo Models 1:32

packs.jpg

There seems to many a variation in the style and shape of propeller blades used on the NA P-51 Mustang. Not all of them are supplied in the various kits currently released. Meaning it’s been the tasks of the modeller to either modify what’s been provided, or buy in aftermarket propellers. To this end, Red Roo Models have released three sets of propeller blades to give the modeller more options on which 1:32 scale P-51 variant they wish to build. Each set includes four individual resin blades for both NAA and CAC built aircraft. The blades are almost ready to use straight out of the packet with only a minimal amount of cleaning up required around the root of each blade. They appear really well moulded with fine leading/trailing edges and tips plus the right amount of twist on each blade. The sets provided for this review include:-

CAC P-51 Mustang with HS “Cuffed” paddle blades (RRR32007

paddle.jpg

bin.jpg

CAC P-51 Mustang with HS “Cuffless” chisel tip blades (RRR32008)

chisel.jpg

bin.jpg

NAA P-51 Mustang with Aeroproducts blades, (RRR32009

aerop.jpg

bin.jpg

Conclusion
This is the first set of Red Roo resin that I’ve been asked to review and I am really impressed with the fine mouldings that they’ve managed to achieve. That and the fact they can be used straight out of the packet without the fuss of removing them from moulding blocks makes them even more desirable. I had to check they were in fact made of resin as they looked like injected moulded styrene but with the extra finesse.

Very highly recommended.

Review sample courtesy of
forum-logo.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...