Iconic Airfix P-38 Lockheed Lightening 1/72

Guadalcanal scheme

8459274404_41b901b070.jpg

8458173591_f920f9b00e.jpg

This is the box art for the kit, bought as part of the 90 years of fighters triple boxed set many years ago, I invested in a few of these box sets to get the hang of things after a long break from building kits. This is a few years old now but the kit worked out at about £3.50, bargain!

Free hand airbrush finish. Built for nostalgia only!

• Like 10

Talking about nostalgia, I built this kit eons ago... I'd rather not think about the time lapse.

But I remember enjoying the build.

I must say that your model looks good!

Good show.

JR

Turbine_Man, JackG, Cookenbacher, pascal JMW, Alex Gordon, lasermonkey.

Thank you all.

Hey natter, it probably isn't the most accurate kit but as a kid (grey/black box airfix) they used to have a built version for the box art, that was my goal, if it's good enough for the box it's good enough for me!

Cheers jean. I'm real pleased with the results here. It's a kit I've seen before but this is my best example! The first few I had a single digit age!

S48, bang on & Cheers!

nice finish on the old kit! :) I remember building this one (i had the "Aces serie" boxing or how was it called, but it was the same kit) and i liked it, though it was like 20years ago and i could not force it to sit on "all 3".. :)

nice finish on the old kit! :) I remember building this one (i had the "Aces serie" boxing or how was it called, but it was the same kit) and i liked it, though it was like 20years ago and i could not force it to sit on "all 3".. :)

Cheers, yes this same kit has appeared in many boxes! I love the shape of it. I took one look at the undercarriage on the kit and thought no, I'll make it fly, they were ok when I was a kid though. Apart from that it still turns out into a nice little kit to build, I like these old kits for that reason, just a few pieces to reach an aircraft.