Hawker Typhoon 1b. Airfix 1/72.

That is a beautiful Typhoon!

Since Tiffies operated very much 'in the field', I suppose that a bit more dirt and wear wouldn't have come amiss. However, personally I much prefer understated weathering to the excesses you sometimes see.

Skillful modelling at its best!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Absolutely gorgeous - super job you've done.

Love that scheme - didn't know decals were available for it in this scale - whose are they?

ATB
Rick

Model kit was painted by Mr.Colors set "RAF color for aircraft WWII" Middle-Late period, for rockets I used a mix, but to say about proportion: I'm sorry I can not explain exactly... As I know they must be Bronze Green, and I hope my mixture was very close :shrug: .

Decals which I used - its Aviaeology : http://www.aviaeology.com/model-decals.html . Really - very nice decals, highly recommend :heart: !!!

Sergiy.

Guys, thanks for your words :wub:

What about modifications? Is all the basic stuff in the box?

This is great looking, I like the chequer tail band.

Of course I modified kit: flaps, cockpit (which is invisible :blush:), some parts of weapon bay - were made using Eduard's photoetched details, chequer tail band - it's just decal... But even "out-from-the-box" this Typhoon really nice model.

Excellent Typhoon! Fantastic work! Well done!

I've just about finished one of these but I've done it as if it's in flight for the D-Day group build. Great little kit isn't it? I'm also planning on making one with it's wheels down and I've got the Eduard PE set to enhance it. Can I check if you have any photos of it as a work in progress? I'd be interested in seeing how it went together because it is stunning. Well done again!