F4E/J/G Phantom

Pan_Kalich

Most will say "Hasegawa" for each, and probably be right. Esci had E/F and J that I personally still find quite good (possibly available in Italeri boxes, but beware Italeri had raised-detail tools of their own for E/F/G, S and RF), and if you don't mind raised detail, you may want to consider the Monogram J.

Thanks, I dont want raised panel lines.

I think the kit by Hasegawa is only one in the market anyway and I heard those are quite old tools, so I dont think I will have much choice ... (I was rather hoping that I overlooked some new release and there was some nice kit by Hobby Boss or Academy ... :D )

I was rather hoping that I overlooked some new release and there was some nice kit by Hobby Boss or Academy

Not yet, but further versions of Academy's Phantom mold are a matter of time.

Cheers,

Andre

Both Hasegawa and Esci are now quite old, Esci from ca.1980 and Hase from some 7 years or so later. I'm not aware of anything by the Chinese, though that may be my ignorance. Academy has released a B (and/or N), I think, but I wouldn't bet there won't be other versions coming.

The Hasegawa F-4G will come up nice. It has nice panel lines, and a reasonable shape, and if required there are plenty of aftermarket parts for it. Especially recommended is the DMolds seamless suckers and I also used the Aires F-4G cockpit set.

Here's one I did earlier

IMG_1355a.jpg

Ted

• Like 1

The best F-4E, F-4G and F-4J on the market right now are all made by Hasegawa. All have recessed panel lines and a reasonable fit. Also, they are not over-engineered.

The Italeri F-4 kits are not worth the trouble. They are incorrect, ill-fitting and inaccurate in several places. The old Esci F-4E and F-4J kits are reasonable, although the E version needs work to make the nose correct.

The Monogram F-4J is old, ill-fitting and has raised panel lines. Americans tend to love it still.

Stay away from the Fujimi kits!

Jens

The best F-4E, F-4G and F-4J on the market right now are all made by Hasegawa. All have recessed panel lines and a reasonable fit. Also, they are not over-engineered.

The Italeri F-4 kits are not worth the trouble. They are incorrect, ill-fitting and inaccurate in several places. The old Esci F-4E and F-4J kits are reasonable, although the E version needs work to make the nose correct.

The Monogram F-4J is old, ill-fitting and has raised panel lines. Americans tend to love it still.

Stay away from the Fujimi kits!

Jens

Thanks for tips ... going for Hasegawa definitely

• Like 1