1/48 - Siemens-Schuckert D.III by Eduard - released - D.IV conversion set by Spin Model

Homebee

August also brings around the 100th anniversary of the start of The Great War. We wanted to release a new 1/48th scale kit of a World War One aircraft in time for the milestone, but we could not meet the deadline. The Siemens-Schuckert D.III is not far from completion, but there are still some details that require attention. We decided we were not going to rush things and put off the release until November, and to spend the proper amount of time and effort on the kit. We also decided to issue along with the model a publication, documenting the now twenty year history of releasing kits by our company

Info-eduard-2014-08

OK but once upon a time - in 1998? - Eduard released a SSW D.III - ref.8001

http://modelingmadness.com/review/w1/goodinssd3.htm

This SSW D.III project is also announced with new sprues in the Eduard's IPMS USA Convention 2014 flyer.

Though the question: a complete or partially new tool kit?

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee

I do hope it comes to fruition. I would have one if they lost some of the acres of etch from their previous release and put in a few resin bits, if they inprove on the molds so much the better. I have the Kosters kit and it is just fine, I could do both.

It is an aircraft I was blissfully unaware of until I went to the Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre, http://www.omaka.org.nz/ and now it has got to be one of my favorite aircraft.

Gearing the prop and engine to counter-rotate, genius. I short stumpy rotary powered fighter that turns well in both directions, who'da thunk it!

Marcus

• 1 month later...

Compared to my 199something boxing, and info from Eduard's webmagazine this is a completely new kit. Eduard are also listing some interesting add-ons.

Looks like I will be aquiring one or two, (how many decal options?)... :whistle: when back in Blighty next! Oh no, 10 months to go :raincloud:

Christian the Married and exiled to africa

• Like 1

Also had 1/144th MiG 15 as 'entry day' kits

Apparently they were from pre-production mouldings and only 1000 available

Got 2 coming to me, so will post details when they arrive

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

• 1 year later...