TSR2 RAF 92 Squadron

Hi all,

Built this one several years ago as a per the box but never was satisfied with the finish. Anyway washed it and dowsed it in Halfords Appliance White then added spare decals from Lightning kits.

Pleased I never binned it now!

Brian..

14656344710_fc1ce40061_b.jpg

14820077096_2e66b2d971_b.jpg

14656346580_0007288fcc_b.jpg

14862915623_886399949a_b.jpg

14839963961_79a44dd598_b.jpg

14862915403_a70747f148_b.jpg

14862913993_f2b897f831_b.jpg

14656405859_2bfc7d2837_b.jpg

• Like 19

Excellent job, Brian ! It's great to see your "restoration" and it's also a treat to see the sleek TSR2 looking like it's in operational service ...... the way it should have been for the real aircraft.

A fine result here all the way around.

Mike

• Like 1

Cheers all for your comments. I must admit getting it to the state it is now to what it was I thoroughly enjoyed it and blasting it with Halfords spray can white, well mint (now to chuck a can of it onto a 1/72 Concorde.)

Cheers all

Brian.

That is beautiful. Nice save on the restoration!! Normally I wouldn't say white is a great "operational" colour for the TSR2, but you have made it look right! Alongside the Phantom, it gives it a look of an anniversary/special paint scheme. Well done, very different!!

I have 3 operational TSRs built (GR1, GR6, PR5) with two more on the bench (GR3 and swing wing) and two more in the stash (T2 and F4).....all in 1/48

My only quibble (and it is a very very minor one) is the serial. The prototypes were XR, so an in service aircraft couldn't be XN.....but I'm just being picky, so ignore me.....

Edited by Devilfish

Hi Graham....lol....

Hi Riffraff, no it's a fictitious one. I'm currently building aircraft from RAF 92 squadron, mainly Lightnings and F-4 so decided to kit it out in their markings. My story is that it was specially painted for 92 Sqn. "Open Day" and of course adding my granddaughters initials....

Hi shawty82, good luck and have fun with your build.

Hi Devilfish, looking forward to seeing them..

Thanks again for all your comments,

Brian.

Brian,

That is an EXCEPTIONALLY STUNNING diorama. GORGEOUS... SUPERBLY laid out. :clap2:

The "people" make the fluidity of the scene and makes it look quite real, with things going around the aircraft, buzzing about, makes the

TSR2 come alive.

I think the 'ANNA JANE ' SPECIAL SCHEME is WONDROUS and I am sure your lovely Grand daughter will cherish that forever .

NICE touch to your imaginative , creative work.

LOVED IT ALL

:heart::wub::worthy::worthy:

• Like 1

Thanks Houston, yes she will and also my other Grand children whom I occasionally build into other models little snippets of memories!

Thanks again..

Brian.

You will be forever remembered ! That is awesome that you do that. :heart:

COOL grandfather .. :worthy:

• Like 1