1/48 - Lockheed F-104G Starfighter by Eduard (plastic Hasegawa) - RFA/NATO & JASDF released

Homebee

Shipping from hlj £5.50 :evil_laugh::winkgrin:

Keep an eye out at hlj, they have many Hase' kits with back order on them, and in my experience when you order them they come through pretty quick

Set up an account and put them in your private warehouse you wont get charged till they have them in stock and ready to send to you

Also under £15 so no vat and parcelforce charges

Simply too expensive, had they included all new Brassin cockpit, wheels and exhaust than yes, ralative cheap G can be bought from many sources + truely superlative DACO Luftwaffe sheet.

Eduard Limited Edition is definitely not what it was before, too expensive for what you get in the box, what is truely odd is now when then have local resin production thus unlimited add on and conversion possibilities subjects are everything than inspired.

How about

1. Avia B-534 Luftwaffe Glider Tug

2. Spitfire FR.IX.c, Soviet Mk.IX boxing, Israeli Mk.IX w Operation Velvet specific parts

3. He-280 with comprehensive Brassin upgrade

4. Any other rebox from Hasegawa/Academy etc...just give more.....

Would not be the First time that Eduard manipulated sale results to achieve better sales, I have no doubt they are sold out at Eduard, question remains how many did they sell to distributors/retailers,my guess majority of them.From what I Know many of them were not so pleased with quite high Wholesale/rrp price for the kit.

Again had they included all the new Brassin sets and whole cockpit, it still would not be a bargain(not that it should be)

but would be a fair package, this boxing is a pure rip-off.

But maybe I am wrong, maybe there truely is a loyal legion that will buy whatever has Eduard logo stamped on the box.

Edited by Thomas V.
  • Like 1

Sold out:

1491733_987642777917336_1047633058728262

Clever (?) marketing - this isnt a beginners kit, and savy modellers know its super priced, so I cant see a mad rush myself - they will sell through no doubt I'm sure. By total co-incidence my £9.50 Vikings kit arrived in the post on Tuesday - jublee!!

They'll be two more reboxing of this Hasegawa kit by Eduard in 2015...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/EduardCompany/photos/a.122154977799458.21995.116570475024575/987642777917336/?type=1&theater

We remind you, that we'll release two more of these kits:

- F-104G in the services of European nations in NATO...

- F-104J (Japan)

Both scale kits will be introduced during this year.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

Clever (?) marketing - this isnt a beginners kit, and savy modellers know its super priced, so I cant see a mad rush myself - they will sell through no doubt I'm sure. By total co-incidence my £9.50 Vikings kit arrived in the post on Tuesday - jublee!!

I've just bought one, mainly because I wanted The Right Stuff decals. I was hoping they might drop in price but if they're out of stock at Eduard they probably won't last long.

On the subject of value look at it like this. Your £9.50 kit has so far cost you £27.50 and all you have is the plastic. To bring it up the same level as the Bundesfighter kit you'll need to add some bits. A sheet of Zoom etch, £4.50, masks £4.50, two Brassin seats, £7.20 each and a sheet of aftermarket decals with five options and full stencils, assuming someone like Caracal did them you'd be looking at about £12. Thats £35.40 added to £27.50 for a total of £62.90 including postage. I've just paid £56 including postage. It's not the huge bargain the Eduard Phantoms were but it's not a rip off either. You're effectively paying retail for the extras and postage and getting a Hasegawa F-104 for about £15. I guess Eduard are charging what the market will bear and are calculating that the popularity of the F-104 will carry it through. I think I shall pick up the other boxings as and when they appear.

• Like 2

Would not be the First time that Eduard manipulated sale results to achieve better sales, I have no doubt they are sold out at Eduard, question remains how many did they sell to distributors/retailers,my guess majority of them.From what I Know many of them were not so pleased with quite high Wholesale/rrp price for the kit.

Again had they included all the new Brassin sets and whole cockpit, it still would not be a bargain(not that it should be)

But maybe I am wrong, maybe there truely is a loyal legion that will buy whatever has Eduard logo stamped on the box.

Why manipulated?

Scale kit code-named "Bundesfighter 1/48" - F-104G in Bundesluftwaffe has been sold out. There is not even one box of this scale kit available in our stock anymore. However, you might get lucky with other sellers or distributors, who might still have it in their stock.

We remind you, that we'll release two more of these kits:

F-104G in the services of European nations in NATO

F-104J (Japan)

Both scale kits will be introduced during this year."

interesting numbers from Eduard CEO Mr.Šulc:

Czech Republic - 353

Germany - 294

USA - 254

Great Britain - 235

Japan - 159

Poland - 55

Slovakia - 47

Spain - 24

other countries - small numbers (France - 4 pieces)

And does that change anything? They made 1550 boxes and sold them to both final customers and distributors. From the manufacturer's point of view the kit is sold out. Boxes are away, money at home.

BTW, where did you read the statement you mention?

If you mean his post from 10.01.2015 20:39, then there probably is a problem with translation. He says "We would probably be able to sell another 500 boxes, maybe even more.", not that they actually sold only 500 boxes.

Than it is...mea culpa..still do not believe a singe number he says, he lost his credibility long time ago...

so Slovakia(47) got more kits than France, Spain and Netherlands...boosting sales creating artificial

lack of x item...but that is just me being paranoid!

Edited by Thomas V.

24534) 10.01.2015-20:39 - Vladimír Šulc Dotaz na Eduardy

Já bych to s revolucemi nepřeháněl. Mám radši evoluci 6.gif

Ke Starfighteru Bundesfighteru: nejvíc se jich prodalo v ČR, 353 ks (skoro jako Hartmanových sestřelů 6.gif), do Německa 253. O jeden víc než do Německa šlo do USA, 254, dále jsou Velká Británie 235, Japonsko 159, Polsko 55, Slovensko 47, Španělsko 24, zbytek celkem nestojí za komentář, kupříkladu na Francii zbyly 4 ks 6.gifAsi by se jich ještě 500, možná i víc prodalo. Další na řadě je NATOFighter, Belgie, Španělsko, Itálie, Řecko, Nizozemí, tuším.

Source: http://www.ipmsnymburk.com/forum/viewtema.php?ID_tema=11559&page_d=0&idp_d=0&idc_d=6&show_html=

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

At the Eduard Novemberfest you can check Eduard warehouse from inside. Sold out items are really sold out. At Prague E-Day Show you can see how fast are new/Limited edition kits sold.

Spain and Netherlands - they would wait for the second Eduard boxing - "F-104 NATOfighter".

France? I don´t know, maybe they don´t like Germans so much :-) . And Starfighter isn´t Mirage.

Slovakia? Czech and Slovak modelling comunity is strongly connected. We lived in same country (Czechoslovakia) and we have very similar language. 47 pieces for Slovakia is not big number.

Yes, from 350 pieces sold in Czechia, many goes to local shops. And some eshops are international like Modelimex.

But i still can´t see sales boosting.

• 1 month later...

Box n°2: NATOfighter - ref.1196

Release April 2015

Source: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1023438707671076.1073742150.116570475024575&type=1

NATOFIGHTER – 1/48 scale Starfighters in the NATO service – April 2015 limited edition release.

This is my design of the kit box with Katerina Borecka’s boxart. Like the recent extremely successful „Bundesfighter“, this edition is based on the Hasegawa plastic parts, Eduard Brassin seats (2 types), color photo-etched details, painting mask and Cartograf-printed decals for five NATO's F-104 marking options.

10401885_1023439147671032_46264567525507

11026116_1023438831004397_38753830281995

10686811_1035902439758036_69170705575940

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Natofighter boxing released:

http://www.16escadron.eu/fr/avions/10019951-nato-fighter-limited-edition-8591437490530.html

Open box review

http://www.detailscaleview.com/2015/03/eduard-148-f-104-natofighter-limited.html

IMHO limited edition with a limited interest considering the price and the content from the box.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee