daft Stirling question

Killingholme

Quick answer is NO the profile was more pointed.

There are conversion sets out there for the Mk V but as they are based on the Airfix kit I have no idea how they'd work with the Italeri kit.

BTW there is no such thing as a daft question, only daft answers.

• Like 1

Is the overall shape of the nose on the 'opening nose' Mk.V Stirling, the same profile as the glider tug MK.IV? Thinking of how easy it would be to convert the Italeri kit to a MK.V transport

sorry for the daft question!

Cheers

Be patient, Moriarty.as Italeri have stated that they are going to produce all versions of the Stirling including the Mark V

Ken

Hi all

The profile of the Mk V nose is completely different to those that went before it. I've got a Heritage conversion to go with the Airfix kit, but as Aeronut says, I've no idea if it'd work with the Italeri one

John

Thanks guys, I'll wait and see what Italeri do. As soon as I heard that Italeri was doing a Stirling I wanted one to model an Egyptian Mk.V. I have kind of accidentally built up a sub-collection of British-built Egyptian AF types over the last few years because I wanted to finish familiar British types in 'something just a bit different'.

Will