Hobby Boss 1/48 MIG 17 Fresco C

Hi Tom, glad you like it! I used Tamiya fine white primer as a base. Then Alclad exhaust manifold, followed with highlights of Alclad chrome. Then several washes of AK engine grime and lastly some pencil lead on the rear edge and then buffed it with a cloth. Hope that helps? I'm busy sanding the fuselage at the moment, should have another update soon :)

• Like 1

Hi Tom, glad you like it! I used Tamiya fine white primer as a base. Then Alclad exhaust manifold, followed with highlights of Alclad chrome. Then several washes of AK engine grime and lastly some pencil lead on the rear edge and then buffed it with a cloth. Hope that helps? I'm busy sanding the fuselage at the moment, should have another update soon :)

Excellent, thanks.

Aahhh sanding. A favourite pastime of mine ???

Edited by Tomjw

Hi LT - that's a surprise. Where are you? I wouldn't call this 'jaw dropping' just trying not to mess it up as usual. I'm still not happy with the exhaust, so going to work a bit more on that. Just building the fuselage and wings, filling and sanding at the moment. I can post some pics tonight. The kit is nice but very badly engineered. I will have to so some re-scribing and riveting. Having said that it should look okay. I still think it's a lovely looking aircraft. LT - PM me, let me know what you're up to. Tony - yeah, I don't enjoy sanding either! :)

Hi everyone, I took a few pics last night. As you can see it's starting to take shape. I've filled most of the gaps, so will see how it looks after it's been sanded. The centre join was the worst, not a great fit between the front and rear fuselage. I'm going to tone down the exhaust and add some silver to the rear edge - then add the rivets (or holes) to the metal band at the rear. Still don't know it I will have the air brakes open or closed. Anyway - hope you like :)

fus1_zpsb7e2385f.jpg

fus2_zps9a6f7d19.jpg

fus3_zpsf1386c3c.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...