Airfix 2015 Pt 2

Wez

The Yak-9 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too old and needs a new-tool replacement, asap. V-P

I'm with you on that one, and I solemnly pledge that if Airfix does a new 1/72 Yak-9, I'll buy at least a half-dozen of them immediately upon release!

John

No Yak-9 is like no Spitfire IX, or no Bf-109G. Airfix could have this one without rivalry. I pledge to buy several. I will even shut up about the Beaufighter until the Yak appears.

Edited by Peter Lloyd
  • Like 1

Anyway, back to the thread, EVERYONE knows the proper scheme for a Bucc is wrap around Dark Green and Dark Sea Grey or Desert Pink scheme as operated by the RAF!

Likewise, F-4K/FG.1's look best in 43 or 111 Sqn markings. :tease:

Nope only those work shy part time light blues, Everybody knows it has to be Extra Dark Sea Grey and 43 sqn should actually read 899 sqn FAA operating off HMS Eagle. Just shows how crap they were that the RAF had to resort to stealing the FAA Buccaneer to replace the Canberra and the Phantoms to replace the Javelins as Day Night interceptors :winkgrin: .

Anyway we still need Airfix to develop new 1/72nd kits of both and they could probably get away with a marketing trick and release separate boxing's for FAA and RAF examples, with varying parts and more reflective marking options for both types. Opens up some double boxings options too with say HMS Ark Royal IV set with both Aircraft for FAA, and similar RAFG set for RAF.

• Like 3

Anyway we still need Airfix to develop new 1/72nd kits of both and they could probably get away with a marketing trick and release separate boxing's for FAA and RAF examples, with varying parts and more reflective marking options for both types. Opens up some double boxings options too with say HMS Ark Royal IV set with both Aircraft for FAA, and similar RAFG set for RAF.

I agree with you on this bit at least, I'd even concede there needs to be new kits of the Bucc' and the Toom for those with fingers like sausages (I believe they call it 1/48th scale :tease: ), I don't care either way, I'd buy them in both scales.

Airfix have been delighting us by releasing totally new moulds of old kits and stuff that we've all wanted but never expected (the Bucc' falls into the former category whilst the 'Toom into the latter), so there's always hope! With the Gnat and Hawker Typhoon they've demonstrated a willingness to use the information gleaned for a kit in one scale to be used for the same subject in a different scale, so fingers crossed for a 1/72nd Javelin and Sea Vixen.

There's lots of Cold War stuff in their inventory which need reworking.

Wez

1:72

Bell AH-1 Cobra

Dassault Mirage F.1 family

MiG 15

Short Sunderland

Short Stirling

SEPECAT Jaguar A

CV-22B Osprey

F-35 Lightning II

1:48

F-101 Voodoo

Fouga Magister

IAI Kfir

North American F-86K Sabre Dog

1:32

Junkers Ju-88

F-104 Starfighter

T-6 Texan

Oh…….sorry……….I've posted Zoukei-Mura's anticipated release programme by mistake……..my apologies…...

Lets start again...

1:72

Bristol Beaufighter

Boulton Paul Defiant

McDonnell Douglas F-4K/M Phantom FG.1/FGR.2

Gloster Javelin FAW.9/9R

Dassault Mirage IIIC/E

Blackburn/HS Buccaneer

Hunting Jet Provost T.3/4

Avro Shackleton*

Avro Vulcan*

HP Victor*

* Only one of these but in priority order

1:48

Gloster Meteor F.8

Hawker Hunter F.6/FGA.9

Supermarine Scimitar

BAC Jet Provost T.5/Strikemaster

SA.330 Puma

• Like 1

Anyway we still need Airfix to develop new 1/72nd kits of both and they could probably get away with a marketing trick and release separate boxing's for FAA and RAF examples, with varying parts and more reflective marking options for both types.

That would make a good 30% of the Britmodeller Massive bankrupt! :lol:

Not so much a prediction but more of a "would be nice";

Hawker P1127

BAC Kestrel

Harrier T2/T4

This would of course just about complete the Harrier family. Now, before you all start screaming "but Sword make 2 seat Harriers", I would like to point out that (good though they are), these are limited run kits with limited availability.

Lightning T4/T5 would be nice as well

Allan

ps - did I mention a 1/72 VC-10,Comet 1, Comet 4................................................................!!! :lol:

Edited by Albeback52
  • Like 1

Hi

1:24 whirlwind fighter

1:24 car door typhoon

1:24 beaufighter or beaufort or blenheim

1:48 halifax or hampden ( now i have bought FM ones )

1:24 ford focus ST four door.( not rally )

Hms queen elizabeth 1:350 or 1:600

Cheers

Jerry

Edited by brewerjerry

Another what I'd dearly love to see is a totally new tooling of the Avro Anson Mk.1 series!!! Airfix could do a superb job on this subject I'm sure and would replace their original tool.!!!

• Like 2

My hopes and predictions, don`t want to be too greedy;

1/72nd

Beaufighter

Beaufort (please,.....using the wings, tail, undercarriage etc of the Beaufighter which we all want-please!)

Shackleton

Scimitar

Canberra B.2 (long overdue!)

Halifax (please,...please,......even better if they do separate Merlin & Hercules engined variants)

Hurricane Mk.I with metal wings

Hurricane Mk.IIb (the most used variant with the most numerous colour schemes yet a decent kit has never been done!)

1/48th

Sea Fury

Vampire (single or twin seat)

Scimitar (please?)

Cheers

Tony

Edited by tonyot

1/48 or larger

Piston Provost

Alouette III

Twin Pioneer

Single Pioneer

Dove

Heron

Hopefully ......well it's good to have a dream in place.....Come on Airfix......please

Rgds

mr b

OK I think i'll throw my hat into this and state what I think we'll see in 2015 aircraft wise.

1/72

Beaufighter any version. seems a must, overpriced Hasegawa and old matchbox and aircraft tools available.

Avro Shackleton any version, again a British subject with several versions, old frog tool only version available, aircraft still available to study in England at Coventry and Gatwick Museum.

Hurricane mkII version, either a B or C or possibly a sea hurricane.

Avenger or Tarpon again airfix have an old tooling, Hasegawa overprices and academy showings its age

Lysander mk III or MkI, again an older subject that needs retooling

Buccaneer is overdue a tool but after revising the old 1/72 kit will they spend the cash on a new kit, possibly

Hawker Hunter any version, we have the revell kit selling quite high on auctions sites.

1/48

Hurricane mkI or mkII, older tooled kit, competition for italeri's and Hasegawa's kit, If tooled to the standard of their recently spitfire VB will be a market beater

Buccaneer, this is the scale I can see the buc getting a retool, current old versions are going for a good price on ebay etc so I think we'll see a buc

Naval Merlin EH101 maybe a surprise for us, not likely

Harrier GR3 this would be a popular choice but after re-issuing the old tool will they?

Bolton Paul defiant anyone want one of these?

Blenheim any version again a popular choice

1/24

Tough one this, we new about the typhoon before the 2014 new released was published

I think if there is another 1/24 we'll know about it before the end of the year, if we do not then I doubt we'll see one.

But if we do I would have a stab in the dark with a Lysander or a spitfire MK 22

Another what I'd dearly love to see is a totally new tooling of the Avro Anson Mk.1 series!!! Airfix could do a superb job on this subject I'm sure and would replace their original tool.!!!

The last 2 years Airfix (talking 1/72 aircraft) have given us two ‘jokers’: subjects which nobody seriously anticipated from them or indeed anyone else. These were Vampire T11 in 2013 and Swift to come later 2014. Whereas the response/sales of say a Blenheim or Dakota are as predictable and anything could be, these two were hardly, if at all 'predicted'.

So what slightly unusual subject could be next? Small, 1/72, and 'under recognised' for the essential role it played. Vampire T11 fits this perfectly, and look at the number of schemes Xtradecal have for it!

Until this post I might have said CF-100, but now thanks to this and a ‘ready-for-inspection’ posting elsewhere on the site I’ll say an Anson. Their recent releases give me high confidence for their rendering of the fabric surfaces and interior framing. Not even a kit I might actually buy, just a prediction, and Xtradecal would go crazy.

Edited by Denford

A 1/48th Puma please - ideally with options for an HC2 but I'm not picky! Lots of interesting colour schemes on HC1 and SA330, even if 230 Sqn's current "Black Peter" is a bit dull...

Tim

• Like 1

1/48 Blenheim

1/48 Beaufort

1/48 BP Defiant

1/48 Dornier Do17z

The top three are so needed in 1/48. I can imagine them scaling up the new Blenheim but let's hope for MkIV and V as well.

At some point: 1/48 Battle, 1/48 Mosquito FBVI/NF30, 1/48 Tomahawk/Kittyhawk, 1/48 Hurricane Mk1 and 2's. 1/48 Harvard Mk1 and Mk2.

Perhaps re-release the old Otaki Corsair and Hellcat?

So what slightly unusual subject could be next? Small, 1/72, and 'under recognised' for the essential role it played. Vampire T11 fits this perfectly, and look at the number of schemes Xtradecal have for it!

That sounds like the perfect description of the Jet Provost.

A new one in 1/72? Yes please, and if done properly, we could have the whole family.

• Like 3

Given the way Airfix have been covering British Cold War subjects (Spitfire 22, Sabre, Harrier, Lightning, Gnat, Vampire, Swift in 72nd) I'm hoping to see a Hunter next year. A modular tooling would cover the vast majority of versions. Two forward fuselge with three seperate nose and two cannon bays for the single seat parts, two or if you want perfection three styles of center fuselage vents perhaps provided by slide mould inserts, two types of outer wing leading edge sections and two types of flap, three types of jet pipe and two types of airbrake along with two types of tail bumper and an arrestor hook would be my utopian dream. The reality, however, is likely to be a well tooled single version if current practice is anything to go by.

If they do choose to tool a single version I'd imagine it will be an FGA.9 or F.6 due to export success although I'd personally prefer an F.4 since the later version has already been covered by other companies.

That, the Beaufighter, a Sea Fury and a Scimitar make my wish list.

• Like 2

Given the way Airfix have been covering British Cold War subjects (Spitfire 22, Sabre, Harrier, Lightning, Gnat, Vampire, Swift in 72nd) I'm hoping to see a Hunter next year. A modular tooling would cover the vast majority of versions. Two forward fuselge with three seperate nose and two cannon bays for the single seat parts, two or if you want perfection three styles of center fuselage vents perhaps provided by slide mould inserts, two types of outer wing leading edge sections and two types of flap, three types of jet pipe and two types of airbrake along with two types of tail bumper and an arrestor hook would be my utopian dream. The reality, however, is likely to be a well tooled single version if current practice is anything to go by.

If they do choose to tool a single version I'd imagine it will be an FGA.9 or F.6 due to export success although I'd personally prefer an F.4 since the later version has already been covered by other companies.

That, the Beaufighter, a Sea Fury and a Scimitar make my wish list.

Modular toolings never seem to 'work out' in terms of alignment, fit etc.

I wouldn't put it past Airfix to produce a 2 Seat Hunter in 1/72 or 1/48. Another 'under-represented' type, and Cold War too, like Vampire T11 and Swift: certainly more important/successful than the latter!

Edited by Denford
  • Like 1