Airfix 2015 Pt 2

Wez

I tend to agree with trickydicky the wraped models are mixed up immages, if you put the wings on the left on the fuselarge on the right you get a Wildcat it is mid winged so unlikely to be a strikemaster/provost. There is something very wrong with the "wings" on the right hand model the aspect ratio dosnt tie in with any aircraft I can think of and they are very rectangular. could they be the tailplane of a Shackleton, this could explain the tip tanks also.

Good point that regarding the Shacks tailplane, but a simpler explanation might be that the forthcoming Shack kits parts breakdown has the outer mainplane and tiptanks as separate from the rest of the mainplane, thus allowing this frankenstein aircraft under the wrapping paper........

I don`t know if it has been mentioned on here yet as I`ve only looked back four or so pages, but as per my post on the WW2 aircraft section,......

Airfix Advent Calendar- 14th Dec,......BEAUFIGHTER!

It just has to be?,.....after all it is beau-tiful! You can see the dihedral tailplane too,..so not a Beaufort!

Re the dogfight double,......the left hand one looks like a Skyraider to me but the other has me stumped,.....it looks like a JP to me?

Cheers

Tony

Edited by tonyot

Tony, you need to go back to the day it was shown, not just four pages, but yes the resemblance was commented on at the time. I'm not quite sure how the term "beauty" can be said to apply to a Beaufighter, mind you.

Although given what some people can detect under these wrappings, it could be almost anything.

Good point that regarding the Shacks tailplane, but a simpler explanation might be that the forthcoming Shack kits parts breakdown has the outer mainplane and tiptanks as separate from the rest of the mainplane, thus allowing this frankenstein aircraft under the wrapping paper........

Yes that would work. Also if you turn the left hand fuselarge upside down you get something which could be a Shakleton rear end togeather with the high mounted tailplane, the fin which i think is too small could be a tailwheel but this would blow out my tip tank theory.

With regards the image of the 14th i think the beaufighter is nailed on if you enlarge the image you can see the wingtip light through a gap in the wrapping and the bulge for the wing mounted rockets can be seen under the red snowflake. The nose is from another kit i think I can see a shakleton in it again but this may be a bit too far fetched.

O&P.

I'm going to make a very late request for a Hercules, you can never have too many.

I'll continue dreaming of Argosy's, Beverley's and Andover's.

Whilst we're dreaming, let's not forget the Hastings or the Belfast.

Regards,

Jason

• Like 3

I don`t know if it has been mentioned on here yet as I`ve only looked back four or so pages, but as per my post on the WW2 aircraft section,......

It just has to be?,.....after all it is beau-tiful! You can see the dihedral tailplane too,..so not a Beaufort!

Re the dogfight double,......the left hand one looks like a Skyraider to me but the other has me stumped,.....it looks like a JP to me?

Cheers

Tony

Tony,

It got mentioned at the time and whilst I'm desperately hoping this will come true I'm holding out for it to be confirmed before I get too excited.

Wez

When the release schedule is released (sorry), shall we have a thread which then tries to link the models shown with the wrapped calender shots?

Just wondering...

Roll on Monday

Regards, Ray

Cheers

Tony

Beau-tiful, perhaps it's a Bernard Matthews turkey.

• Like 1

No: it didn't see service as only one conversion was made. Payload and speed were naturally reduced and it was found that it tipped back too much when being loaded. There were servicing problems particularly with the wheels which were incorporated into the floats.

Mmmmm, this maybe true, it's just a couple of sites claimed it saw limited service, in Alaska?

Good monring

A Stuka ? seems logical to me due to 75e Anniversary of the Battle of Britain so Airfix will give us a Heinkel 111 a Stuka a Defiant (maybe a metal winged Hurricane ) and with the 65e Anniversary of the Korean War and after their F 86 Sabre Airfix may give us something like a F80 or a Panther ..

Patrice