Airfix 2015 Pt 2

Wez

All three of them tooled in a way that is easy to produce every version in different boxings...

Anyone got scale plans for the Moon on a Stick in 1/72nd?

• Like 4

Now all Halifax variants on a single tooling would be an achievement of great merit. Preferably all in one boxing, so the spares could be cascaded down to earlier kits. The transfer sheet might be trifle overlarge, however. Just achieving it in two boxings would be impressive enough.

Now all Halifax variants on a single tooling would be an achievement of great merit. Preferably all in one boxing, so the spares could be cascaded down to earlier kits. The transfer sheet might be trifle overlarge, however. Just achieving it in two boxings would be impressive enough.

.....and the Tudor, Hastings, Ashton, Hermes all in one box for no more than £50.

Job's a good 'un.

Trevor

• Like 3

There's no demand for 1/72. The obvious scale is 1/48...

If Airfix were to do it they'd only make the craters too deep...

(Can't do smilies)

Edit: I don't have a problem with anything Airfix do, minor planetary satellites or otherwise.

• Like 6

If Airfix were to do it they'd only make the craters too deep...

(Can't do smilies)

I think they're getting better, from what I hear from those who saw the He-111 and Defiant test shots at Telford, Airfix's craters are approaching the standard of Hasegawa's craters. :bleh:

Wez (who can do smilies), being distracted from reading about the patent for Catnic Lintels (part of my BEng studies). You see BM can be a displacement activity for so much more than modelling.

• Like 1

No point really its only got a week to run and then the focus switches to Airfix 2016 when people disappointed that X is not in the 2015 list start pushing for it in the 2016 list :-)

That is disappointing. I was pretty sure they were going to release the "X" this year.

Regards,

Jason

P.S. Right, I'll get me coat. Again.

• Like 2

That is disappointing. I was pretty sure they were going to release the "X" this year.

Regards,

Jason

P.S. Right, I'll get me coat. Again.

If they release the X, they'll release the Mk.I version first and the Mk.II some time later.

Wez - also fetching his coat

• Like 3

If they release the X, they'll release the Mk.I version first and the Mk.II some time later.

Wez - also fetching his coat

With the impending new Star Wars film, I'm sure the X will sell very well, but I thought Revell had the license ;)

I know. My coats on and I'm already halfway home.

• Like 2

A DH Hornet, a new late nightfighter Mossie and a Beaufighter - that's my prediction :yahoo:

All three of them tooled in a way that is easy to produce every version in different boxings...

Beaufighter would need two sets of wings/nacelles for both Merlin and Hercules variants. Noses/tailplanes/fillets on a separate sprue.

If Airfix went down the Tamiya route with the Mosquito, but with an extra sprue for two stage Merlins, they'd have a winner. Personally, I'd release a B.XVI/PRXVI first (with alternate canopies to get a Mk IX out of the kit, and possibly different elevons for a PR34), then maybe a NF.XIX. Buy two kits, swap the engines for other marks and watch the sales figures go up. That's if their engineering guys are smart and don't go for the fancy detailed engineering breakdowns they're going for, which is nice but sacrificing buildability (See the Lancaster and Blenheim to see what I mean). If they broke the fuselage down along the same lines as the Revell 48th kit - separate nose sections for bomber/PR, fighter and NF versions with the join hidden by the raised strengthener strip - then that would solve a lot of problems with filler and extraneous panel lines. Obviously, any FB6 kit would have to have the big underwing 100gal fuel tanks and double bank rockets for late war Banff strike options. And given all the spares in the various kits, a 633 Sqn "Special" would be very easy to do.

Corgi-08169+Smith+633+Squadron.jpg

DH Hornet? Get John Adams and David Collins in as consultants before they think of doing anything else. The last thing we want is yet another inaccurate Hornet kit. We've enough of them already

Edited by The wooksta V2.0
  • Like 1

I think they're getting better, from what I hear from those who saw the He-111 and Defiant test shots at Telford, Airfix's craters are approaching the standard of Hasegawa's craters. :bleh:

But which Hasegawa standard? I hope the craters on the Airfix He111 are better than the ones on the Hasegawa kit. They couldn't be much worse...

• Like 1

18th door is now open, and it's a dogfight double!!

There’s two aircraft for you to identify today, although I’m sure you’re starting to get the knack of it now. If you’re still unsure it must be driving you wild!

Reckon the one on the left is a P51 Mustang, Wild and Driving point to it, but the other one, I don't have a clue, but it has big tip tanks!!!

Edited by rob

Jet provost/bac strikemaster is almost obvious!!! It's surely something small in 1/72 if you compare pattern on wrapping paper to the two-engined beauty.

And short nose, visible dihedral, tail a little in front of stabiliser... And Jet Provost is more than logical in Airfix's range of RAF trainers!

But what could it dogfight against? P-51 somewhere in Latin America? Or is it a civvy dogfight at a racing competition?

Edited by Dennis_C