Airfix 2015 Pt 2

Wez

Looking at both wrapped aircraft one thing has struck me, it's obviously a Beau in today's reveal and by the pattern repeat on the wrapping paper I would say it's 72nd scale, but the reveal on the 9th is an obviously larger model, now if the pattern repeats at 3 inch intervals it indicates a model of about 15 inches in length, could this Corsair (if that's what it is) be in 24th scale?

I know this is a stretch but it does look like a much larger physical model.....

Your thoughts gentlemen......

• Like 1

Yes, it's a beauty all right - which rules out a big ugly brute like a Beaufighter!! :bleh: It is a brand new JU-88 to go with the new Heinkel & Dornier!! :winkgrin:. Or, maybe a new Mosquito?

Allan

ps - I like ugly aeroplanes so, if it IS a Beaufighter I will take a least 6 please - especially a Merlin engine MKII

pps - Blenheim V would be nice too!

Allan

Edited by Albeback52

You've spent hours thinking about this haven't you :)

...and yes a Corsair would be nice. A Mk.I please Airfix.

Trevor

Yup! I've got far to much time on my hands...

But I feel that my point's valid, it's obviously a much bigger model

Front end looks more like a Blenheim V to me....

Yeh, I know...."Bah, humbug".....!! :P:D

I've spent the best part of a minute looking at it and I think you're right. Mind you, if the person doing the wrapping is as good as me, it could be anything.

• Like 3

I've spent the best part of a minute looking at it and I think you're right. Mind you, if the person doing the wrapping is as good as me, it could be anything.

I have similar wrapping skills. Considering that it may be some new Humbrol colours and paint brushes. Although I hope not!

I'm quietly confident that we'll see a 48th Vampire T.11, I've taken one for the BM Massive and moved my Hobby Craft re-build along a bit more. As I'm now jobless I shall attempt to get it finished for the 22nd. :banghead:

• Like 1

Front end looks more like a Blenheim V to me....

Yeh, I know...."Bah, humbug".....!! :P:D

Ouch, you could be right ...

Anyways whatever it is Airfix will not be able to get around a new Beaufighter in the long run, it's basically just impossible not to do it.

As much as I'd love it to be a Beaufighter, I'm also thinking Mosquito - do you remember when there was all that hullaballoo about a Shackleton and we had a glimpse of a spinner from Airfix's facebook that some people were convinced was a Shack spinner but many of us thought looked more like a Mossie's? Well...

I for one would be happy with either a new Beaufighter or Mosquito from Airfix, I'd breefer the Beau but I'd be ecstatic if they did both!

Wez

Well, I read the clue and thought, "Beaufighter!", then I looked at the wrapping and thought, "Beaufighter!", so if it is a Beau, you can colour me very happy indeed! Merry Christmas!

And I will buy multiple copies!

regards,

Martin

The nose looks too long for a Beaufighter

I was actually joking about the Hs129! Could be a Beau with thimble nose?!

For what it's worth, when I gave the Airfix guy my "kit suggestion" form at Telford, I said of the Beaufighter (third after Victor B.1 and Comet C.2 on the form):

"If I keep writing this every year maybe you'll do it-it's what everyone on the forums is desperate for"

His reply was something like "Oh yes, well it can't be too far away now"...

Edited by Vulcanicity

Definately not a Mossie,

the tailplane has a noticable dihedral,

the fuselage cross section is clearly triangular,

it has a low mounted mainplane,

the engine nacelles are clearly mid mounted

the fact that you can't see the observers blister is probably because it isn't fitted,

the leading edge of the fin is swept back,

the fact that the fuselage looks too long is probably because the arrowhead radar antenna is fitted.

And the person who wrapped it didn't want to damage it...

So 100% that it's a Beaufighter.....and if it's 72nd scale the 24th scale one will follow very soon afterwards a la Tiffie......

I don't envy the person who's going to wrap the Shackleton and the VC10.... :winkgrin:

Keep it up Airfix this is most enjoyable at the moment...

Edited by rob
  • Like 2