Airfix 2015 Pt 2

Wez

The Corsair on Airfix's FB page looks like an F4U-4 - Korean War version to me - in which case if Airfix release one of those in 1/72nd there'll be Much-Grinning-on-the-Wold in the Wez household.

Well it appears that my guess might've been right on the money!!!

Bring on Day 10!

Well if it looks like this, then they're on to a winner! but what scale?

corsair_zps5a5aad9e.jpg

Edited by rob
  • Like 1

Hang-on.... if I recall correctly, someone on this thread (or the other Advent one) claimed that they thought this wrapped up kit was a Corsair because they saw a large three blade prop....

But hasn't the F4U-4 got a big four blader?

Cheers.. Dave

Edited by Rabbit Leader
  • Like 1

If you look at the angle of the "prop" on the wrapped mystery aircraft, it's clear (to me) that it doesn't actually have a prop in it, it's just a general shape to represent a prop. Also if you wrap a 72nd scale aircraft (yes I did it to one of mine)

It doesn't end up looking like the photo on the Advent calendar, I reckon that it's at "least" 48th or bigger......

Edited by rob
  • Like 1

Well looking at their (Airfix) Facebook link to Adam Tooby's new site it is a Corsair.

I'm ignoring every other follow up comment to this simply because he has a lot of F-4's on that site and I need to hope for something.

• Like 3

Well it appears that my guess might've been right on the money!!!

Bring on Day 10!

Well if it looks like this, then they're on to a winner! but what scale?

corsair_zps5a5aad9e.jpg

Nah, Nah, Nah!! The only PROPER F-4 was wrapped around a pair of Spey engines!! :lol: !! Just a thought. Airfix have given a good range of Spitfires in the true scale (1/48). A great pity that they have not (so far) given the Hurricane similar treatment. Always did think the Hurri looked more like a fighter than that sports car with wings!! :wicked::P

Allan

Edited by Albeback52

Any chance we can merge this thread with the advent calendar thread, Mike? They seem to be covering the same ground.

No thanks, I try to avoid this one as it is just lots of people stating that there'll definitely be an XXX and a YYY or long lists of hope lists. Besides Airfix are almost definitely going to issue a 350th HMS QE - oh yes.

However, mods please change the title of the other one to 'calendar'.

I think everyone has got the wrapped up model wrong. It's not pointing towards the camera. It is pointing away.

It is clearly an Incom T-65.

not another one ! , not after after the bandi, fine molds, MPC /AMT and er ...Airfix versions from the 1980s........... :P

Just checking the tea leaves at the bottom of my cup and they are telling me a new Fairey Battle (that,s what,s in the wrapping paper on the calander)

I,ll check the crystal ball after I have washed the breakfast dishes! Fairy washing up liquid it,s a sign!

No, the crystal ball is saying Stuka.

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 1

OK ! so who is going to be the first to wrap up other well known built up aircraft models in similar wrapping paper as a jolly xmas jape ?

we could have endless hours of fun trying to guess what they are....!

bonus points for putting a folded "propellor" shape at the front of any jets :P

• Like 1

That surely does look like a Beaufighter! Hopefully a new tool and not the Airfix folks having a laugh with the old one!

Paul Harrison